cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Annoying intermittent Pixilated Pictures.

Corinneangela
Knows their stuff

I have had bad pixelation for ages now. Just this morning I eventually called VM... nightmare to get to speak to a human. First time they tell you (via recorded message) to reboot  (which never works for this issue). Then they ask for mobile # to send  a link for them to run tests. Did that - took forever for the page to appear on my phone, then when it ran the test (eventually), it didn't say anything, just blank page. So I rang VM again, eventually got to speak to someone. He wanted the serial #, told him I am not scrambling around on the floor when he can see which TV it is by the channel it's on. Took him forever to work that one out. Then he wanted to run tests but it (their system) wouldn't let him - it was telling him to book an engineer - erm yes because the tests had been run and showed a fault...

The box also resets itself in the middle of a program right back to the beginning... really annoying when that happens in middle of F1 race.

I have been with VM a long time but sadly their CS is getting worse and worse. It's madness that we have to jump through so many hoops just to get to speak to a human - and then when you do, you usually find you know more about  everything VM than CS know. *rant over*

Anyway Tech coming out on Thursday, so fingers crossed.

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Pixellated pictures on live TV are often the sign of a signal fault. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so this will need VM to intervene. You're likely to need either an engineer visit or a replacement box, depending on what VM's remote diagnostics turn up.

If you have an engineer booked, that's absolutely the best way to go.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good afternoon @Corinneangela

Thank you for taking the time to post. I just wanted to pop past and see how the appointment went? 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

Hi Zak...

All went well thank you. He had to replace the box and adjust the levels. Of course, the pixelation was intermittent, so only time will tell if that is fixed and fingers crossed the box will no longer reset itself (especially in the middle of an F1).

Very nice man.

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Really glad everything's sorted Corinneangela, thanks for letting us know. If you encounter any more problems or there's anything else we can help with please let us know.

Tom