cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: ALL4 App Black Screen

Scousemummy
Joining in

Hi everyone. I can see you had an issue in October with All4. It’s now February - was it ever fixed. We’ve been trying to watch a programme for a couple of weeks but can’t get it to work. Today, hubby wanted to watch the Test Match highlights - but no joy - we just get 4 little white squares. Any suggestions?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

We are using the All4 app with a paid subscription (more fool us!). As described above, we get a black screen and the blinking boxes until we give up. It’ll sit like that for hours.

Our TV is a Panasonic.

It looks like Channel 4 have built, and VM are distributing, an app which hasn’t been thoroughly tested on all likely platforms.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

argiel
Dialled in

We are still getting that issue.

My complaint through their website hasn’t even had a reply. I’ll try once more then it’s Ofcom.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Are you using the C4-streaming app? Or just OnDemand programmes that have the "All-4" branding on them?

Do you get any error messages or codes?

Are you watching on a Samsung or 4K UHD TV?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

We’ve tried the All4 app and going through Virgin On Demand.

Yes we have a 4K UHD tv.

If we use the All4 app it just hangs.

if we use Virgin On Demand the error says the app is not supported.

We are using the All4 app with a paid subscription (more fool us!). As described above, we get a black screen and the blinking boxes until we give up. It’ll sit like that for hours.

Our TV is a Panasonic.

It looks like Channel 4 have built, and VM are distributing, an app which hasn’t been thoroughly tested on all likely platforms.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Scousemummy wrote:

Yes we have a 4K UHD tv.

Disregard the lack of an error code and try the suggestions in https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-error-codes/604 to begin with.

Some older TVs only support HDCP2.2 on one particular HDMI port.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Ok thanks, will give it a go.

in the end I put the cricket on m6 iPad and used Chromecast 🙄

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@argiel wrote:

Our TV is a Panasonic.

What's the model number?