cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: 360 Audio out of sync - LG Atmos soundbar solution

jchandard
Tuning in

Hi all

After many hours of playing around I eventually figured a way to resolve a similar issue which may work for yourselves.

My problem occurred when I purchased an LG Atmos soundbar to go with my LG 4K TV.  Disney/Netflix/Amazon apps that work from the TV were fine, no delays.  However, when I connected my 4K Blu Ray player or Virgin V6 box I always had issues.  The sound was delayed and my TV only had options to delay it further.  No good! I tried different cables, optical connections, exchanging my soundbar for a new one and it made no difference.  Here is how I resolved the audio sync issue:

1) On your virgin box, mine is the V6, goto settings and video settings.

2) Make sure the 'pass-through' video modes are enabled, mine were not, you may have to do some test first.

3) Now, on your TV, goto the sound/audio options, and if your using Optical/HDMI arc, you should have an option to select 'pass-through', don't leave it on PCM or Auto, select pass-through.

4) Sorted! 🙂

p.s. if like me, your Atmos sound tracks sound tinny, use an optical cable to force Disney/Netflix/Atmos/BluRays to play the dolby digital 5.1, optical cable only can process 5.1.  You will lose the overhead speakers, but gain much deeper sound.

Let me know if it worked...

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity]

Jag

1 REPLY 1

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @jchandard,

Welcome to our Community Forums, and thank you for your first post! 

I'm glad to see that you have been able to resolve your sound synch issue, and we're happy to see that you're sharing this resolution with other Community members! 🙂

If there's anything you may need help or assistance with, please get in touch on these Forums, and we'll be happy to look into this for you.

Thank you! 🙂

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs