cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purple/Green picture V6 box

jackson_04
On our wavelength

This is a recent problem but everytime I turn the TV on and watch through the V6 box the picture is purple and green. Restarting the V6 box solves the problem initially but next time TV is turned on the picture is purple and green.

I have read through this forum and tried restarting the box swapping hdmi cables but to no avail.

Any other suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thank you

jackson_04

44 REPLIES 44

jackson_04
On our wavelength

Just to update my previous posts, the only way I can now avoid the purple/green picture is to make sure the V6 box is in standby mode before I switch on the TV. 

If not, then I get the purple/green picture. It's a bit of a pain when I forget to put V6 box into standby and  have to go through the rigmarole of switching everything off then back on in the required sequence.

There does not to be any other solution for me as I have had the box switched previously.

jackson_04

Joe_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

OK IainB

I am going to send you a private message so I can take a closer look at this.

Thanks Joe_F

Joe_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello jackson_04

I would also like to take a look at your issues too, please keep an eye out for my PM 🙂

Thanks Joe_F

My issue now seems to be solved, via the voodoo magic of VM engineer Tom (ID16113), who was absolutely brilliant. This is what Tom did:

On the TiVO V6:

• Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Video Output > Video Output Formats

• select all options on the left, then go to Test Formats on the right

• press Continue

• any time you see a red dialogue box saying "Testing Video Format xxxx" press the THUMBS UP button on the remote

• if the screen goes black for a few seconds, be patient, and just wait

• after testing all format options, the screen will return to the Video Output Formats page

• scroll up and press Continue at top right

• press THUMBS UP three times (make sure it is is three times!)

• return to Home page, all done.

If you need a video of this being done, please email me at imb30 AT me.com

many thanks also to Joe_F for pro-actively arranging the engineer visit. 

APeridot34
On our wavelength
we gave up and cancelled the service.