cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Purple/Green picture V6 box

jackson_04
On our wavelength

This is a recent problem but everytime I turn the TV on and watch through the V6 box the picture is purple and green. Restarting the V6 box solves the problem initially but next time TV is turned on the picture is purple and green.

I have read through this forum and tried restarting the box swapping hdmi cables but to no avail.

Any other suggestions would be much appreciated.

Thank you

jackson_04

44 REPLIES 44

I changed the video output settings on the box via the remote, reset the box via the remote, then went back into the video output settings again and asked it to auto detect video output after which it went back to 1080p & appears to working ok for now. Hope this helps.

Well, hopes dashed when I switched the tv back on. Back to purple and green! I give up...

There's nothing wrong with your TV. The V6 is faulty. You can either ring up and get an engineer out (quickest option) or wait for the forum team to get this arranged.

--------------------------
TV: XL TV (V6 & V+ HD)
Broadband: VIVID 200
Phone: Talk Unlimited

APeridot34
On our wavelength
Thanks, I'm calling them tomorrow.

@robonn wrote:

Hi there, I have the same issue. Old box (18m old), HDMI and TV all worked fine. But green tinge appeared immediately with the new box (presume the new V6?) with the old TV and HDMI. 

I've since bought a new HDMI cable and new TV, but the issue is still there. 

I've tried all the tips here - turning the TiVo on after the TV, switching inputs and HDMI slots. It worked once, but not again - although sometimes it works for a second or so! Very frustrating. 

Needless to say, Virgin haven't offered anything useful over the phone, so they're sending an engineer on Monday. I very much doubt he/she will bring me an older TiVo box to use. And I'll certainly check it's working properly (turning off and on a few times) before they leave! 

Any tips to avoid Virgin shrugging their shoulders? Thanks in advance. 

Hi, just to update people having a similar issue - this has now been solved. Virgin sent out an engineer - he realised that I'd tried everything, bar having a new TiVo, so he swapped it for another one and problem sorted. 

jackson_04
On our wavelength

Just to mention, I returned my V6 box in August and started to use a BT Youview box for TV channels.

This was working perfectly until my aerial got damaged a couple of weeks ago but just before I was about to make arrangements to get a new aerial installed, Virgin phoned  and asked me to try the V6 box again for 12 months for more or less the same cost as I was paying for Broadband and phone.

Most of the time the picture is ok but there are occasions where I still get the green and purple picture, which means I have to put the box back in to standby then turn it back in for the picture to return to normal. I will probably keep the box for the 12 months but then get an aerial installed and go back to BT YouView.

A little bit off topic, but the delivery service of the V6 box by Yodel was appalling. The so called signed for delivery on the Saturday was found dumped under a hedge in my garden on the Sunday morning. Yodel are virtually impossible to get a hold of by phone and there live web chat service was unbelievably ignorant.

Regards

Well,  I've had an engineer call, he said he'd never seen anything like it, he reset the box and the picture went normal and he left.  Next morning, when I switched it on, had the same green & purple screen until I reset the virgin box.  Decided to just put up with it until after Xmas, so called them today, had to jump through a few hoops switching the box on and off using the switch, switching my tv on on and off etc to be told, its my tv... sorry, not falling for this, there is nothing wrong with my television!  It was suggested I switch the box off at night (which will mean no overnight recordings) and will do nothing anyway to remedy the issue - she did try to help, even gave her a chance to say 'see! it is your tv' on one occasion after she had me switch the tv off and on again while the virgin box was in standby.  Have found that if I switch the virgin box off and on every time I switch the tv on, it resets and gives me the proper colours so have resigned myself to having to do this every time I switch the tv on.  Totally beyond the understanding of other occupants of the house so they will have to put up with purple people with green backgrounds until I come and fix it for them.  Oh, and we have a nice shiny gold hdmi cable installed now.  Problem not fixed. Customer given up trying. 

I am having the exact same issue. Doesn’t happen EVERY time I turn my tv on. But very often. 

Mine still does it, it's never gone away and I've given up trying to resolve it. I have to turn it on, wait for the purple and green screen then turn it off and on again. Every time I turn it on. They said it was the tv, changed the tv and it's had no effect so it's definitely the box. 

Victoria_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Dundeeguy87,

Thanks for posting on our Community.

I do apologise for the inconvenience of the V6 box picture being on Purple and Green.

Can you please send us a screen shot how it looks like and attached it on your post.

Looking forward for your response.

Thanks

Victoria_M