Menu
Ropey
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Programme missing from two recordings

I recorded all 8 episodes of The Bridge earlier this year on a series link (set to store 25 recordings).  All 8 episodes were there and we finally treated ourselves to watching episodes 1-6 just before Christmas

However when we watched episode 7 we found the end of the previous programme (Gardeners World, as usual) but then the recording skipped the whole of The Bridge except for the closing titles and then carried on with the start of the following programme before cutting out as normal.

I then checked the recording of episode 8 which had exactly the same problem.  No Bridge. 

I checked back to the previous episodes which were still there so it cannot be a time-limit problem.  It seems like something had deliberately prevented us from recording exactly these two episodes.

There was nothing in recording hiccups, it was too long ago anyway.

What has happened, how can I prevent it happening again and where can I watch the missing episodes!!!

0 Kudos
michaeldavis
Well-informed
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Programme missing from two recordings

All 4 series are available via The Virgin Store
Home > Catch up > Search
Type in The Bridge
you would need to sign up via virginmediastore.com

Ropey
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Michael, but...

Only series 1 is on Virgin Media Store.  It looks like they all should be there but they are not.

It's a bit off anyway having to pay for something that should be correctly recorded.

0 Kudos
michaeldavis
Well-informed
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

If you use the search & discover feature you should see under episodes:
Series 1 - 10 episodes
Series 2 - 10 episodes
Series 3 - 10 episodes
Series 4 -  8 episodes
You may have to select series 2 in order to see other than series 1.

Ropey
Tuning in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Michael

Only series 1 appears when I go to the store on my TV, however on my computer I did indeed find series 4 box set for £12.99, there are individual episodes available at £2.49 but only 1-6, curiously the only two episodes I cannot buy independently are the two that refused to record (ie 7 and 8) so there is probably the beginning of an explanation for my problem.

I would like an explanation from Virgin and free access to the missing episodes, I pay enough to them each month already!

Thanks for your help

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

If you have Amazon Prime then all the individual episodes can be bought from there (each is £2.49 in HD, £1.89 in SD).

I know that doesn't answer the question of why the failed recordings (or why Eps 7 & 8 aren't in the VM Store), but it does at least give a way of seeing them.

Keith

Superuser1718.png

0 Kudos
Ropey
Tuning in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Keith,

I might be able to do that, it more reasonable and avoids Virgin profiting from their system not working properly!

0 Kudos