cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programme in my package asking me to subscribe

Glenne_2130
Joining in

Hi all,

I've recently started watching and recoding (on a series link with Tivo) the series SEAL. So far I've watched up to s1 e15, however, when selecting se1 e16, it is asking me to upgrade. s1e17 upwards works with no issues.

The only thing I can see is that s1-15 and s17 onwards are on SD while s1e16 is on UHD saying it's not available on my package. Which it isn't I'm only subscribing to SD. What I can't understand is why all the episodes except s1 e16 has recorded on SD.

Could it be that just that single episode was only recorded in UHD?.

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Disclaimer: I'm not near my V6 to check for certain, however this advice is based on remote checks of the broadcast schedule using TV Control... 

I don't think you're recording these programmes, I think you have a series link that includes streaming videos (easily checked in your SL settings) and your TiVo is picking up VoD bookmarks. These intentionally look & feel like recordings, but are mere bookmarks.

On that basis... which TV package are you on? (If you're not sure, check your contract or bills) I ask because box-set programmes are only inclusive on XL/Full-House/Maxit bundles, which could be another complication. You mention "only subscribing to SD" which lends weight to not being on top-tier.

Unfortunately, I have no access to my V6 to check for certain, but I suspect this could be a simple case of a missing VoD asset which VM can re-upload. One check you can make is, on the "play now" screen for the episode in question, rather than pressing "OK" to watch, scroll across and then down to "View all options".

This should list all available formats. If SD or HD is missing, but is present for other episodes, then that can be rectified once VM pick this up. Or if another V6-equipped VIP checks in the meantime.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you, I've scrolled across before as you suggested and only UHD is available for this episode. I will contact VM and ask them to rectify the issue. For your information, I am on the Essentials package but as all the other "recordings" are watchable, I assume it's just a glitch as you say.

Regards,

Glenne

Hi there @Glenne_2130

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to our community forums. 

I'm so sorry to hear that you have experienced this and I'm sorry that this has stopped your enjoyment of your show! 

I'd be happy to take a look into your package with you to make sure you are getting all you should be. 

I'll pop you a PM now so we can do so, please keep an eye out for the purple envelope in the top right corner of your screen alerting you to a new message. 

Thank you. 

I don’t know what channel SEAL is on, but it sounds as if there may have been a free trial of a UHD version and you V6 has chosen to record from that rather than the SD channel. Then once the free trial finished you lost access to the UHD version because, as it says, you are not subscribed to that. If it was one of the free to air channels, you may be able to get to the missed episode via their streaming sevices?

Hi, it's on Sky Max and my mistake, the program is SEAL Team not SEAL. A member of the Virgin Media team has picked this up and escalated it for resolution.

Thanks for taking the time to respond to my post.

Regards,

Glenne