cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Programme Guide showing one programme as 10 hours long

mswhite
On our wavelength

We’ve noticed when trying to record programmes for tomorrow night (13/02/23) that again on BBC 1 whatever is on at 8pm is then showing as being on all the way through to 6am the following morning (10 hours). This time it’s Pamorama.

A couple of weeks back it was on a Friday evening. It’s not good if you don’t notice it before and you miss your shows. And if like us before you were recording the 8pm  show then it recorded for 10 hours!. 

Why does this happen? Any idea?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It's a guide error and it shouldn't happen, but I have seen the same behaviour myself.

First off, email details of the issue to tivoguideerrors@virginmedia.co.uk - the team won't generally respond, but might just have a chance of resolving this if you mail tonight and they pick it up first thing tomorrow.

There's a workaround, that you change your V6 series-link to be "all channels" rather than specifically BBC1-HD. The scheduling logic will now look for recordings on the BBC regional variations - the 86x Wales/Scottish/NI versions - first. If those have correct EPG data, then your V6 will record from those instead.

You can always change the SL back if you want afterwards.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It's a guide error and it shouldn't happen, but I have seen the same behaviour myself.

First off, email details of the issue to tivoguideerrors@virginmedia.co.uk - the team won't generally respond, but might just have a chance of resolving this if you mail tonight and they pick it up first thing tomorrow.

There's a workaround, that you change your V6 series-link to be "all channels" rather than specifically BBC1-HD. The scheduling logic will now look for recordings on the BBC regional variations - the 86x Wales/Scottish/NI versions - first. If those have correct EPG data, then your V6 will record from those instead.

You can always change the SL back if you want afterwards.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

mswhite
On our wavelength

Thank you, that’s very helpful. I’ll do that now.