cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with on demand/ apps/ catch up

Grandkids
Joining in

Is anyone in the Grantham area having problems getting on demand/catch up/apps & games on their tivo box. Also now when I go on guide it's saying all programmes are to be announced. I've rang Virgin 3 times & all they tell me to do is turn it off & check all wires etc are plugged in. They put the phone down on me twice then the third one said he was going to ring back but never did!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The previous post has covered most of what I'd say, I'll just add..

If the online light is flashing, that's a fault. Check for area faults on 0800 5610061, but if nothing's listed the chances are your box is faulty and will need a tech visit.

You can do this by reporting the issue to VM but being specific that "my online light is flashing". If that fails to get the correct response - i.e. a tech visit - then post back.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If all the programs are saying TBA then it's a problem with the set top boxes internet connection.

This would also affect the  on demand/catch up/apps & games.

Are you ssre you have a TIVO and not a V6 box?

The TiVo, which has an inbuilt modem, but the V6 relies on either a wired or ethernet  connection to your VM hub.

If you're not sure you can check here 

Assuming do  have a TiVo as suggested in your original post  look on the front-left of your set top box.

There should be 3 green lights. The middle of the 3, next to a heart symbol, is the "heartbeat" light which indicates the internet connection.

This should be solid, if it's flashing  it's not connected or searching for a connection.

Go to Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network connection. When was the last successful connection?

Click on  "Connect to Virgin Media service" and wait around 30minutes before rechecking, what does it say?

Hopefully it will have reconnected and all will be working again.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The previous post has covered most of what I'd say, I'll just add..

If the online light is flashing, that's a fault. Check for area faults on 0800 5610061, but if nothing's listed the chances are your box is faulty and will need a tech visit.

You can do this by reporting the issue to VM but being specific that "my online light is flashing". If that fails to get the correct response - i.e. a tech visit - then post back.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Ooops it is a V6 box

Ooops it is a V6 box not TiVo as I first said

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Ok, that changes the advice but not a problem. I've moved the thread to the V6 section.

As previously mentioned, the V6 relies on a connection via your homehub to access the internet - for OnDemand, streaming & updates. Is yours connected using an Ethernet cable or is it wireless?

Follow Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network, and report what is displayed in the top-right. If you're connected using wireless, what's the signal strength reported?