cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems with catch up tv

Gianna1
Tuning in

On "catch up tv" the picture is ok but the sound cuts out constantly making all programmes unwatchable.  This applies to any catch up programme from any channel.  This has been going on for months now and seems to have got worse.

I have Maxit TV - the top tier apparently.  I have Tivo box

Does anyone have a solution?

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

First, do you have a TiVo or a V6? You've posted in the V6 board but referenced a TiVo - they run the same software but are very different otherwise, let's check now - this page might help if you want to check.

You've not mentioned problems with live TV or recorded programmes, but are there any?

Do you have any issues with BBC CatchUp programmes - they use the iPlayer app rather than VM's in-house OnDemand platform.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

My  contract says "Virgin TV V6 box powered by TiVo".  I have no idea what the difference is.

I dont have issues with live TV and I never watch recorded programmes.

Of course I use BBCiPlayer for their programmes - I dont need Virgin for that..  The real problems come with any of the other channels - part of what I pay Virgin for...

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Gianna1 wrote:

Of course I use BBCiPlayer for their programmes - I dont need Virgin for that.. 

The V6 box includes the iPlayer app, and anytime you watch a BBC programme OnDemand on your VM-box you are using the in-built iPlayer app. Do you have problems when you're watching this way?

It would be a useful diagnostic exercise to try a recorded programme and see if the same issue happens.

Is this problem specific to content from specific broadcasters/channels?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @Gianna1,

Welcome back to the community page, thank you for posting on here.

I am sorry if you are having any issues with your Catch up TV, I can see that @japitts has been helping you with this.

Please can you answer the questions asked above? Then we can see how to help you 🙂

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide