Menu
Pmp4
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Problems with Slingbox M1

I have purchased a SlingBox M1 to use with my V6 box. 

I have an HDMI splitter. One cable goes directly to my tv and the other goes into a Component converter. The problem is that I keep getting a message saying “ The connected video signal is not supported”. 

I am wondering if Virgin have some sort of copyright protection stopping this from working? If I plug the component cables directly into the tv from the converter, the picture is fine?

I was wondering if anybody else is using a Slingbox with a V6 box?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Problems with Slingbox M1

HDCP is in use on all digital providers services now. The V6 uses the latest version (2.2) which even causes issues with some TV's.

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports/Cinema (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, 350M BB, Virgin PAYG Mobile
0 Kudos
Pmp4
Tuning in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

So does this mean I can’t use my Slingbox?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hiya @Pmp4 and thanks for your post,

I'm afraid we don't support the device you're asking about however I believe this topic has already been discussed here.

I hope this helps,

Michael_JK
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
hmfc4eva
Joining in
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I had this problem,

TheSlingbox M1 only supports video resolution up to 1080i on its component input, your HDMI to component converter will likely be outputting 1080p which isn't supported,.

I got another cheap (£16) converter off of ebay which has a button to select an output of 1080p or 720p, this allowed me to feed 720p into the slingbox which is supported,

Thanks John

0 Kudos
Pmp4
Tuning in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I don’t suppose you have a link do you?

0 Kudos
hmfc4eva
Joining in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

No problem,

This is the box that worked for me,

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1X-1080P-HDMI-to-5RCA-RGB-YPBPR-Scaler-Component-Video-Audio-Converter-Fo...

As a side not I have upgraded my HDMI splitter to one that allows me to feed 4k out of the V6 to my TV while it synchronously down steps the other HDMI output port to 1080 to allow me to feed that to the converter and so onto the Slingbox, let me know if that's of interest,

Thanks John

0 Kudos
Pmp4
Tuning in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your help and yes please

0 Kudos
hmfc4eva
Joining in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

This is the box I used to upgrade my cheap HDMI splitter to allow me to use 4K to TV and also supply a connection to my Slingbox,

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07DN46C73/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

The picture is a little misleading as it actually shows the front and back at the same time, 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Pmp4
Tuning in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for you help in this. But will this box strip any encryption that is coming via hdmi from my V6 box?

0 Kudos