cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems viewing recordings on 'other' box

Red_Wimp
On our wavelength

To be honest I'm a bit fed up of this considering how much I'm being asked to pay from next month.

Sick of rebooting V6 boxes in order to be able to watch a programme recorded on one box on the other.  It's literally every couple of days get V401 error code.  Couple of times even told me I didn't have a fast enough connection.  On top of that Netflix app keeps not playing shows through VM app, works if I go to app provided with TV, a reboot fixes it but must 4 times I've had to do this. 

Not good enough to be honest, I might as well save myself a small fortune and just rely on freeview at this rate.

Rant over

13 REPLIES 13

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I still suspect that wireless is the root cause of this, but have you swapped the boxes around as I mentioned in a previous post?

If my theory holds, the problem should swap between boxes. If it doesn't, and the problem follows the swap - at least you know it's box-specific.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Red_Wimp
On our wavelength

I haven't tried swapping but the same error on both boxes anyway.  Await a response from admin

Hi Red_Wimp, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. 

I'm sorry to hear that the issue seems to be getting progressively worse. Taking a look at our systems here, one of the boxes is not registering at all. The other is showing an issue with it's input levels so I would like to get an engineer out to look at this further. 

I just need to confirm the address to ensure we are booking the visit on the correct account. I have sent you a private message regarding this. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox.
Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Red_Wimp,

Thanks for coming back to via private message to confirm your information. 

I have booked you in for the next available appointment. To view this please sign in to My Virgin Media here: My VM. Once logged in, scroll down to Orders & appointments then click on View your orders. You can also view this in the My VM app. If you have any issues with accessing your account or unable to see your visit, please do let us know and we’ll pop you another message to pass data protection and then confirm the appointment details.

Just to confirm, there will be no charge for this visit unless:

• The technician diagnoses the fault as not being caused by our network/equipment 
  • The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
  • The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for

The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.

Please ensure that someone over the age of 18 is at the property for the time the engineer is there. If the appointment is unsuitable or if anyone living at your property has tested positive for Coronavirus, has been asked to self-isolate or has flu-like symptoms then please reschedule the appointment on the same link. If you do miss the appointment for any reason, a £25 missed appointment charge will be applied to your account on the day of the appointment so it is important to reschedule if needed. 

Lets us know how the appointment goes. 

Take care.

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs