cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems casting To V6

Les2013
On our wavelength

Ok so I have just logged into my router as I am having difficulty detecting my V6 box when casting from my phone (using YouTube app) and the status problem checker under diagnostic inform me I have WiFi issues on the network, what does this mean, would it relate to the issue i am experiencing

is anyone else’s having issues casting YouTube app from phone to V6.

Thanks 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi Les2013, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. 

Taking a look at your account, I can see the V6 box is connected via WiFi but the signal is rather low. If this is dropping out then this is likely causing you to reconnect. If it's too low then it may not connect at all. 

I would recommend following these links to help optimise your connection and ensure it's as good as can be:

If after following those links, things aren't much better then it would be best to look at either getting some powerline adaptors or possibly a WiFi booster/pod. You can purchase these yourself or we do provide WiFi pods that will help improve the WiFi signal. 

Personally, as none of your other WiFi devices that are connected are showing as having low signal, I would look at a powerline adaptor that connects via ethernet cable. This would create a much stronger connection for the V6 to the Hub and hopefully will then eliminate the issue you are having. 

Keep us posted on how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

17 REPLIES 17

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What is the problem you're having casting YouTuve from a mobile device?

I've not done it for a while, but just tried it from my Android device to V6 and it worked first time.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Les2013
On our wavelength

Yes that’s correct, casting from a device.

if I click to cast my V6 is not showing, if I reconnect my V6 to WiFi it works, then if I try later on in the day I cannot detect the box again. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You might need to re-connect your device using the option to "link using TV Code" instead.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Les2013

Welcome back to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Thank you for making this post regarding the problems you are experiencing when casting YouTube from your phone on to your V6.

Did you try re-connecting your device using the option to "link using TV Code" as @japitts suggested?

If you are having any further issues, please do let us know.

Best wishes,

Serena

Les2013
On our wavelength

@Serena_C I have tried that just now and will see tomorrow if it still picks it up and able to connect. 

edit: so I connected via the app, let a video run for a while, closed the app down and now it doesn’t show the V6 box again, I have to reconnect. 

Thanks

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Youtube direct casting is WiFi to WiFi only. Anything on direct wired has to use the TV code option.

I have a DVD recorder & a TV with the Youtube app that display the same behavior, so its not confined to the V6 but to all direct wired equipment.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

Hi Les2013, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this one. 

Taking a look at your account, I can see the V6 box is connected via WiFi but the signal is rather low. If this is dropping out then this is likely causing you to reconnect. If it's too low then it may not connect at all. 

I would recommend following these links to help optimise your connection and ensure it's as good as can be:

If after following those links, things aren't much better then it would be best to look at either getting some powerline adaptors or possibly a WiFi booster/pod. You can purchase these yourself or we do provide WiFi pods that will help improve the WiFi signal. 

Personally, as none of your other WiFi devices that are connected are showing as having low signal, I would look at a powerline adaptor that connects via ethernet cable. This would create a much stronger connection for the V6 to the Hub and hopefully will then eliminate the issue you are having. 

Keep us posted on how you get on. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Les2013
On our wavelength
Thank you for your reply, are the Ethernet power line adapters available foc on my current package?

Many thanks

Hi Les2013,

Just to confirm, I also frequently cast from my mobile device to my TV (which is wired). I've never had issues casting from a WiFi connected device to a wired device.

In regards to the WiFi Pods, we offer them free to customers who are subscribed to our Ultimate Oomph Bundle or Gig1 Fibre package. On any other package they would be an extra £5 per month.

Kind regards

Beth

Beth