cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with ITV Hub app

keithtwist
Joining in

We are having a problem with the ITV Hub app on our Virgin V6 box. It is accessed by Home>Apps and Games>My Favourite Apps. The issue is that we are unable to watch a whole programme without the app stopping at least once during an hour-long programme, sometimes more. We get a message from the app saying it is unable to play the video. At the same time, the orange 'no internet connection' warning light shows on the front of the V6 box. Virgin displays error code C133.

Rebooting the box has made no difference. We get round it by going back to normal TV and waiting for the orange light to go out, which it does after a couple of minutes. We can then go back to ITV Hub and resume our programme. We have never had this issue with BBC iPlayer or Amazon Prime Video, for example.

Can anyone help, please?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

How is your V6 connected to your homehub? Is it WiFi by any chance?

If you follow Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network, what is shown in the top-right? And if you are using WiFi, what's the signal strength reported as?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

How is your V6 connected to your homehub? Is it WiFi by any chance?

If you follow Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network, what is shown in the top-right? And if you are using WiFi, what's the signal strength reported as?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

The box is connected to the homehub by ethernet and powerline adaptor as the homehub is not near the V6 box. At the top right of network settings it shows ethernet connection details. Hope this helps.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The symptoms you're describing are of your V6 losing its internet connection.

It may be worth trying WiFi as an alternative - if you unclick the Ethernet cable from the back of your V6, you should get options to connect via WiFi. If nothing else, it's something to eliminate.

Thank you. I will give it a try.