Menu
Sarah4333
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Problem pausing live tv on v6

This is really irritating,  I get I phone call so I pause the tv. I hit the large yellow button with 2 vertical lines on it.   After say 6-7 mins I hit the button again and all is good I carryon watching the programme.  All good so far.  When the time comes the programme should finish, the programme I’m watching jumps to live tv, and as  a new programme has started I can’t rewind and watch the end of the programme I was watching.    I rang customer services and the guy said I was recording too many programmes.  I checked I wasn’t recording anything.  Then he said I didn’t have enough memory on the hdd. Hmmmm only 17%used.   I asked him what the point of pause tv was if you can’t pause and watch the end of the programme you’re watching.     This happens every time I use pause tv.  Oh and I don’t accidentally hit anything on the handset as it’s on the coffe table.  

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Problem pausing live tv on v6

A recording on  the same channel flushes the recording buffer that your pause depends on.

If you are aware that you are pausing a channel that will soon record, your best option is to press Record, rather than pause.

0 Kudos
michaeldavis
Well-informed
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

You are not using memory to record, live TV and scheduled recordings both use hard disk space, its a common misconception that the scripts used by the call centres continue to propagate that it is a memory issue.

When you are watching live TV one of the tuners in your V6 box caches the channels in a temporary buffer to your V6 box. This buffer is lost if you change channel. But as you are clearly not doing this and only have 17% usage of your hard disc space used and you were not recording anything else then it is a box issue.

I have experienced a similar issue with pausing live TV.

Whilst pressing the record button may get around the issue it does not detract from the fact that this is an underlying issue with the V6 box.

There is also an underlying issue with the Virgin call centres, in that they are using scripts that are incorrect and are not based in the UK, this is only going to get worse as Virgin cut costs and close it last remaining UK call centres.

I am currently watching a previously paused program in order to replicate what you have experienced.

You can't learn anything from a mistake until you admit that you've made it.
GW741
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have the exact same issue. Can you let me know if you have a solution? Thanks!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Bolton123
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have the exact same issue-driving me to distraction-watched a paused program and 10 mins from end, cuts to live tv.. I therefore missed the end of the paused program-false advertising of Virgin-you can not live pause & then watch paused TV satisfactorily. Has anyone any resolutions to this issue-anyone I can contact? Any help gratefully received. Thanks!

0 Kudos