cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prime football

edam
Joining in

I have been watching the football on prime, channel 205, this afternoon and the picture quality is not as good as say sky Sports

When players are running the image blurs and when the ball moves acros  the field it also blurs

Is this pooor quality because I only have 50Mb broadband?

15 REPLIES 15

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Do you have the same problem with other non-sport/non-live content on the Prime app?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

On the V6 the video was 25Hz and was poor today - it also took a long time for the quality to build up.

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

As per earlier threads, the quality of the football on Prime on Virgin Media isn't very good. If you have access to Prime via your TV, that may well be a better picture - mine on an LG TV is much better.

Other boxes I have access to - XBox, Roku, and Chromecast aren't great, Sky Q is as good as broadcast pictures.

I watched via my LG smart tv and the picture was better than I've been getting on Sky sports! Obviously is pretty dependent on how good your Internet connection is.

LittleMick73
Superstar

Hi I'm watching it on a firecube and can't fault the quality just done a comparison via my V6 and again perfect quality. Regards Micky 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I watched via my 360 this afternoon and I thought the picture was on a par with the usual Sky Sports HD.

Just testing the Leicester v Liverpool game at present which is in 4K HDR on my 360, Firestick and my LG TV

I found the Firestick picture was the best of the three, the 360 was on a par with the LG but around 40 seconds behind both the FS and LG

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Tonights game was better so will see how it gets on with the other matches.

I have tried to find the TV speed test but with no luck .Im sure I have used it in the past

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

All streaming & VoD uses the same internet connection, so trying any other content from the same app should prove your connectivity.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @edam 

I now have a 360, but seem to recall you need to do the following to run a speed test on the V6

Go to Home > Help & Settings > Help > Our Other Products > Broadband.
Then select ‘Take a speed test’. It should give a thumbs up
To see the actual speed  do the above but press the Play button rather than the OK button

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali