cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prime Video frozen on TV

Cazbarfeatures
On our wavelength

Hello,

Just wasted an hour of my life talking to Amazon and VM being told to switch my TV on and off.

TV won't go past the Prime blue screen.

I've also checked parental controls and there was a lock against Prime video but I have removed it now.  Which is strange because I was only watching it this morning.

I did do a free trial of MGM and then cancelled it.  Strangely enough, Prime seemed to stop working when I got the email to say MGM subscription had ended but Amazon are saying it wouldn't be that.

They told me to speak to VM but everything is working fine so I'm not convinced it's VM.

Advice please?

7 REPLIES 7

BlueLou
Virgin Media Staff
Virgin Media Staff

I'm not sure this is a Stream issue. 

Can you please explain what you are trying to watch Prime Video on?  Is it on your Virgin Media TV box?  Or your smart TV?

VM TV box

Which box is it? 

Virgin TV V6? 

Virgin TV 360? 

Or Stream? 

V6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Looks like your post has been moved to the V6 board, so let's check some basics..

Can you use OnDemand services? This proves the internet connection

Does it make any difference whether you're loading the Prime app from the "all apps" menu, versus finding a programme in the guide and choosing "watch from Prime"?

And the simple one - have you tried restarting your V6?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi,

Yes, I can use on demand services and yes between yours yourselves and Amazon, switched it off about 4 times.

I access Prime via the Home screen and movie players.

Hi there @Cazbarfeatures

I'm so sorry to hear that this is happening! Can I just ask if any of your other apps are facing issues at all or if this is exclusive to Prime?

Thank you