Menu
10andrew01
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Power Line Adapters

Hi all, I have just received my V6 box. I was surprised to see that it came with some power line adapters (I can't have read the pre sign up blurb properly). Anyway I already have some power line injectors that are working perfectly well. The Virgin blurb suggests that I remove these and plug in the new ones that were sent through with the new kit. I don't particularly want to do this.

My question is - is there any reason why I can't use my current power line adapters to connect the V6 to my hub? Is there some special technology in these new Virgin branded power line injectors that would prevent me from doing that?

Using the Virgin Netgear power line adapters actually makes things worse for me in my household as they are only one port and don’t support the ability to plug a plug in.

Thanks in advance.

0 Kudos
progers
Superfast
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Power Line Adapters

There’s no reason at all, I use TP Link pass through adapters which work fine and I’m not using the VM supplied ones yet

VM Services: Broadband 100 with SH3 in modem mode ~ TV M+, V6 box ~ Phone XL
vircom
Super solver
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Virgin did not even offer me any. My own Devolos work fine.
Corinneangela
Well-informed
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I use BT powerline adapters with passthrough, so I don't lose a socket. You can use your own.