cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Postbox view advertisements?

drumsticks
Dialled in

This question should be on the Virgin TV board, but can't access it. Says "not enough privileges"?

However, recently some advertisements and program trailers are showing postbox view. That's a solid black line top and bottom of screen. And sometimes a solid black line on left and right of the picture. Anyone know why this view has started to appear?   

7 REPLIES 7

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The TV-board was ringfenced a year or so back.

Are you asking about the lead-in adverts on VoD programmes?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

No, ITV as that's the only channel (as far as I know) that has commercial advertising. But don't know if the same using freeview or similar? Only access TV through Virgin.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@drumsticks wrote:

No, ITV as that's the only channel (as far as I know) that has commercial advertising.

The BBC is the only broadcaster who is substantially advert-free - everyone else carries adverts. As far as Freeview-based channels go, C4 & C5 both carry adverts.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I was watching a C4 program last night (emergency hospital) and all of it was postbox view. Couldn't find a way to remove the solid wide black lines top and bottom? Can anyone help with this?

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
What TV do you have and what are the aspect correction ratio settings as described in the help article here

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/tv/change-tv-box-settings
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

LittleMick73
Superstar
Hi as BenMcr has said this will be the aspect settings on your box or possibly on your TV. Regards Micky

Not on my TV. The postbox view is not selected. However, I'll have a look at the channels that have advertising on another TV station and see if the same as on Virginmedia?