cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible Overheating

LittleMick73
Superstar

Hi all, my V6 box connected to a hub 3 with ethernet keeps displaying the green warning on the V6 that the Internet connection has disconnected, my hub is working okay and supplying other devices, I'm thinking perhaps over a long time dust has built up and causing overheating, the box is in the open with no heat sources near it and well ventilated, maybe time for engineer to clean or replace. All help and suggestions welcome. Regards Micky 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@japitts wrote:

In that case, disconnect the Ethernet from the back of the V6 to enable the WiFi - connect using that for now, to at least get your box updated with all the "internet"-based stuff that is missing.

Once completed, plug the Ethernet back in and see what happens.

Thanks very much will do that. Regards Micky 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Micky,

I would try either a different known working ethernet cable, or if possible a wifi connection and see how it goes.

As a point of interest does the EPG populate correctly, and does the error occur on any particular apps/on demand?

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@LittleMick73 wrote:

Hi all, my V6 box connected to a hub 3 with ethernet keeps displaying the green warning on the V6 that the Internet connection has disconnected, my hub is working okay and supplying other devices,

Have you proven the Ethernet cable & specific port on your hub, as working with other devices?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

@newapollo wrote:

Hi Micky,

I would try either a different known working ethernet cable, or if possible a wifi connection and see how it goes.

As a point of interest does the EPG populate correctly, and does the error occur on any particular apps/on demand?

On demand and the apps which all rely on the Internet stopped working, the epg was okay at the time but would have disappeared had I not rebooted the box.

@japitts wrote:

@LittleMick73 wrote:

Hi all, my V6 box connected to a hub 3 with ethernet keeps displaying the green warning on the V6 that the Internet connection has disconnected, my hub is working okay and supplying other devices,

Have you proven the Ethernet cable & specific port on your hub, as working with other devices?

Hi, yes the ethernet is fine and all ports are too

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

In that case, disconnect the Ethernet from the back of the V6 to enable the WiFi - connect using that for now, to at least get your box updated with all the "internet"-based stuff that is missing.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

@japitts wrote:

Thanks very much will do that. Regards Micky