Menu
Charmz
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Position of virgin box

Can I have my virgin installed in my bedroom as I watch tv there more than in the living room 

0 Kudos
dante01
Rising star
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Position of virgin box

Yeah, you can have it installed anywhere as long as the installer is able to run a coax cable feed to it from where the cables come into your building. They'd ordinarilly want to run the cables internally which can be messy, but some may run the cable on the outside of the house for you? I'd stress that you want this to be done when requesting an installation though so that the installer has the ladders required. In some instance Virgin will need to do a site visit to assess what is required if an installation is different to what they normally encounter. You may even be asked to pay extra if the installation is more complex than normal. Note that the V6 will also need an internet connection, but this can be facilitated via the box's inbuilt wifi capabilities.

There's no theoretical reason why you cannot have the V6 in your bedroom though.

Forum Team (Retired) Louise_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Charmz

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting.

As dante01 has advised you can have the box installed anywhere as long as the installer is able to run a coax cable feed to it from where the cables come into your building.

If you already have the service with us and are looking to move the box to the bedroom there would be a £99 relocation fee for this to be done.

Take care,

Louise

Forum Team

New around here? Find out more about the Community by checking our "Getting started guide"

0 Kudos
Charmz
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your answer it was very helpful and covered all my questions, I wouldn’t have thought I’d calling them I will do that today 

thanks again 

0 Kudos
Charmz
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I’m a new customer the box hasn’t been installed yet and I live in a 2 bed house with plenty of access 

0 Kudos
Corinneangela
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Just to point out, I live in a large house, have 4 boxes (2 V6s and 2 Tivos) and there was never any question of running them internally, they ran them all externally to the nearest point to the TV (2 are upstairs - 1 at front of house, one at rear, 2 are downstairs again, 1 at front and 1 at rear). Mind you it's a detached house, I could probably forsee issues with a terraced house if they were at rear.

0 Kudos