Menu
Highlighted
Speedy10654
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Poor tv quality V6

Just moved from sky to virgin. Virgin Tv quality awful! Not even anywhere near HD. I’ve gone into video quality and tried the different settings but nothing improves it. I feel like I’ve gone back in time 10 years. I’m sorry I’ve left sky now, the resolution was tremendous. I’ve got an LG 4K tv. Any suggestions? Considering cancelling and going back to sky. 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Poor tv quality V6

The PQ should be as good as if not better than Sky, as the channels are fed uncompressed to Virgins headends.

I would have the installation checked for signal issues.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Trouble shooter
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Also check that the V6's video output is set to HD or preferably UHD.

0 Kudos
Speedy10654
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I’ve just noticed on the left hand corner of LG tv when you hover tv remote over it shows the port hdmi3 and says 720p - would that be the resolution of virgin’s broadcast? I’ve now Re ticked all the boxes on video output. When I’m on amazon video it says 1080, which is what I’d expect virgin to be at lowest. 

Does it make a difference which hdmi port you use? 

Thanks! 

0 Kudos
jpeg1
Trouble shooter
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

That sounds like the TV's own setting - you'll need to check that in the TV, not the V6.

There may be some variations between the TV's HDMI connections, again that's a matter for the TV. You'll need to check the handbook.

0 Kudos