cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor service

Cb81
Tuning in

Our TV and WiFi have been going off intermittently for hours at a time for 6 days now!
Whenever I ring there is an automated message saying there are issues in my postcode. When will this be rectified?
There doesn't seem to be the option to speak to a human anymore and I'm paying for a service om not getting!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Steve1701
Rising star

Hi Cb81,

If you log into your account, you can click on 'Your Service Status' (Purple box, top right) and it will take you to the Service Status page.

It will give you any faults or repairs to your TV, Internet, Phone, & Mobile, being carried out in your area, along with a Fix Estimate for those repairs to be completed. It will at least give you a more precise idea of how long things are going to take.

🤞

Steve

Utrinque Paratus

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

8 REPLIES 8

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Cb81, 

have you called the automated Service Status number  on 0800 561 0061? 

This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level, along with an estimated fix date and time.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Steve1701
Rising star

Hi Cb81,

If you log into your account, you can click on 'Your Service Status' (Purple box, top right) and it will take you to the Service Status page.

It will give you any faults or repairs to your TV, Internet, Phone, & Mobile, being carried out in your area, along with a Fix Estimate for those repairs to be completed. It will at least give you a more precise idea of how long things are going to take.

🤞

Steve

Utrinque Paratus

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The previous answer is not accurate IMO.

For TV, internet & phone faults, the service status page is good high-level faults that are impacting large numbers of customers. For anything localised down to street/postcode-level, the automated line is often a better & more reliable option.

The situation with mobile is complex, Virgin Mobile is an MVNO who don't operate a networm of their own but piggyback on (historically) EE but are in migration to VF. To rely on the VM faults checker for mobile issues is, IMO, unwise.

@Cb81 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Travis_M
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Cb81

Thanks for posting on our community forum! 

Sorry to hear about the issues experienced, how is your connection today?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Today is the only day in 8 days that it has been ok.

I completed the complaints form on your website on Tues 5th October and got a reply that evening that wasn't relevant to my problem. It also stated that the problem would be rectified by 4pm that day. 

Low and behold it went off again the next day at 11am. 

I emailed back asking about money off my next bill as I'm paying for a service I've not been receiving, but they sent the same reply again. 🙄

I'm really not happy with the service at the minute. 

yep. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I'm not clear on a couple of things here...

You've mentioned WiFi issues, and being the TV-specific section of the forum really isn't the best place for this, but... is this a broadband fault or a wireless fault... does thias affect wired connections as well as wireless? I'd suggest starting a new post in the broadband section of the forum, here - there's a few things that could be suggested at the moment, but I don't want to complicate the TV section with broadband advice.

More importantly for this thread....What is the actual issue with your TV service, I don't think you've said? Is it a problem with, say, live TV? OnDemand? Recorded programmes?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Cb81

Thanks for posting. My apologies for the service issues. 

I can see you've spoke to the team since posting and we've booked a tech visit. This can be tracked in your online account 

Let us know how the visit goes.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill