cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor quality Sky Sports Channels Proven Today by C4’s Better Quality F1 Same Coverage

jameshornby1980
On our wavelength

Proven today by switching between 141 (C4) and 501 (Sky Sports Main Event).

I’ve always said your Football wasn’t HD when comparing Sky HD to BT Sport HD.

Today I can see the difference in quality between Virgin Media Sky and the better C4.

Very Annoying.

I am going to complain to the regulator.

14 REPLIES 14

Steve1701
Rising star

Hi james 

I agree, it's getting beyond a joke, I switched from Sky F1 to C4 HD at lap 3.

What the HELL are we paying for exactly !!!

😠

Steve

Utrinque Paratus

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Sky F1-HD perfect picture for me today. No problems at all. Couldn't see any difference between 501, 506, 109 or 141. I had all 4 channels buffering to compare at times.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Watched the GP today on SkyF1 and the quality was very good. Must be an issue in your region.

Hi @NinjaMeerkat ,

I'm watching Football on Sky Sports 1 - Main Event - The picture quality is excellent, so maybe the earlier issue was sporadic, rather than long-term.

Had this been Sky (via a dish), I would have been inclined to say it was atmospherics, given it was absolutely teeming it down at the time, though that would have affected 'all' channels I think, and wouldn't apply to VM ...

Let's hope whatever it was has cleared.

🤞

Steve

Utrinque Paratus

This isn’t the first time. Today I could prove the difference.

I watch Sky Sports HD every evening and it is always more blurred in comparison to BT Sport in HD (midweek Champions League games) even allowing for rain or the game being in Khasakstan.

Been waiting for UHD for the last two years and it’s still not here.

For me I will seriously look at splitting out to Sky for UHD. I’d risk that with atmospherics just to try it.

Black Friday deals were within £10 to have it separate from the 1G Broadband I need.

Anyhow, perception is down to the beholder so fair play if yours is good.

Hi @jameshornby1980,

I'm sorry to hear that you found the quality of the TV broadcast to be poor. Is it only the one channel that appears to be affected for you?

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Thanks for asking.

All HD channels are gold except any Sky Sports HD channels which are like watching HDSD if that was even a thing.  They are never as crisp…ever.

Cockpit of the F1 car today you could see the pixels. It’s best explained as having anti aliasing off on your graphics card.

Switched to C4 it was on, all smooth.

That is an important factor in the everything else stayed the same stakes and that is why I’m complaining about it.

No atmospherics, no cable (which is an 8k cable).

I’ll concede that 4K upscaling could be an issue here. 

Poor stream in, poor stream out, and hence why C4 was much clearer.

Are you using the V6 to upscale to 4k or the TV?

I’m using the v6 as outputting at 2160 because I watch BT Sport UHD.

I guess you’d suggest switching to 1080 for SkySports and letting the tv upscale which likely much better at it being a 2021 TV