cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor picture quality on new TV

Maraman23
Joining in

I have just upgraded my TV and find the picture quality very poor. Could there be settings on the Tivo box that need to be changed ? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi again there are lots of posts on here regarding that issue you may want to do a search for some of the answers, its the settings on the TV and the V6, so you may need to experiment, with the V6 go to help and settings, settings, video, and tick 2160p and 1080p, and on the TV you might want to check what that is set to as some posts suggest that the TV does the upscaleling, a great deal of posts seem to refer to compatibility with Samsung and V6 boxes. Its also important to have an HDMI lead the right specification a 4K high speed lead is required. Regards Micky 

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Which TV box do you have? Check here if you're not sure

In what way is your picture poor - if you can explain, I'm sure someone can help.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi 

Its  a V6 box. It just all seems slightly fuzzy and not as crisp as the 6 year previous TV. I have read up about both the TV and the V6 box working against each other to upscale.

LittleMick73
Superstar
Hi is it a 4K TV possibility a Samsung by any chance. Regards Micky

Hi Micky 

It certainly is. I don’t like the fact you got that straight away. 

Hi again there are lots of posts on here regarding that issue you may want to do a search for some of the answers, its the settings on the TV and the V6, so you may need to experiment, with the V6 go to help and settings, settings, video, and tick 2160p and 1080p, and on the TV you might want to check what that is set to as some posts suggest that the TV does the upscaleling, a great deal of posts seem to refer to compatibility with Samsung and V6 boxes. Its also important to have an HDMI lead the right specification a 4K high speed lead is required. Regards Micky