Menu
mrob
Tuning in
Message 11 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor Sound Output & Low Volume

Well as people don't always read every thread on a subject, as the headings can be different for what they have searched for, as I found, posting to all the known threads on the subject matter, covers most people. Proves the point, because if there was only one thread on the subject then I wouldn't have to post multiple times. Moderators do not link all of the threads into one, but if they did it would be a lot simpler to follow problems and any resolutions.

Forum Team (Retired) Josh_RW
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 12 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Hi mrob,

Thanks for posting!

I'm sorry for the trouble this has caused.

The sound issues on V6 have been reported and our technicians are investigating the issues. We'll get an update on this as soon as we can.

All the best

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

HOD
Tuning in
Message 13 of 23
Flag for a moderator

I found this thread whilst researching an issue with our brand-new V6 box which also had audio issues. Although sound over HDMI is OK, the optical audio to our amplifier is really poor. What's interesting is that you mention the different channels/levels. What I've noticed is that plain speech is really poor (low as if in the distance) yet music sounds fine!

I'm wondering if there's something going on with the DTS decoding? Could speech be encoded differently (on a different "channel") to other sounds?

Right now (after 1 day of receiving the box) I feel like returning it and reverting to the old one!

Forum Team (Retired) Louise_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 14 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Hi HOD,

Thank you for taking the time to post in the Community.

Our engineers are aware of sound issues with V6 and are investigating this for us. We'll get an update on this as soon as we can.

Take Care,

Louise

Forum Team

New around here? Find out more about the Community by checking our "Getting started guide"

Jaycee272
Joining in
Message 15 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

Is there any update on this issue from Virgin engineers as the sound issue is extremely annoying. Should have kept the old box! 

Forum Team (Retired) Josh_RW
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 16 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jaycee272,

I'm really sorry for the trouble this has caused!

We don't currently have an update on this yet. As soon as we hear anything we'll let the Community know.

All the best

Josh

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
mrob
Tuning in
Message 17 of 23
Flag for a moderator

hi one poster has just said he had 2 boxes fitted recently and one works fine whilst the other has the poor sound issues. have we got faulty boxes? have you resolved the issue and if so when will they work properly?

thanks

Jaycee272
Joining in
Message 18 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I just called customer services. After running through various troubleshooting with them - unplugging box, checking sound settings, unplugging hdmi cable etc the issue was still not resolved as expected. I was put through to another team and while on the phone to them I tested the sound with a not tivebox service (iPlayer through my smart tv) where the sound works fine. They are now sending an engineer out to me tomorrow morning!

Oceanic8158
Tuning in
Message 19 of 23
Flag for a moderator

Yeah... Had the new V6 installed yesterday. It is better quality and smaller and quicker. I too get the odd pause but the main issue is I used to have the TV volume on 25 max maybe but I now have it on almost 50!!!.. And it's still not that good or clear, can't hear as well as I used to.. Very annoying..

Netflix sound is fine and terrestrial TV is fine. Nothing wrong with my expensive Sony TV  Its the v6

Will look to go to sky if there is no fix to this soon . I'll try a new hdmi but I can see from the posts on here that won't work the link to problems also does not help at all Virgin people! 

Sound is so important. If virgin don't fix it.. Im going to sky until you get a new box or fix the issue. 

Laurence9696
Joining in
Message 20 of 23
Flag for a moderator

I have just joined VM from SKY. 

The surround sound worked fine with Sky, connected the sound system to the tv via optical cable and VM box to TV via HDMI.

The volume is currently on 61- for a childrens film on Sky Cinema. 

Has this audio output been investigated? As it appears to be still an issue. On Sky I only ever needed to have it on 30.