Menu
Blod2
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Poor HD picture quality

I was getting blocking on my tv picture. Engineer installed a booster saying I had a low signal (never had a problem before). Since then picture quality is awful on recorded and live tv. Colours are off picture grainy with posterization very evident. Second engineer came out and said signal was fine!  Now picture and sound will randomly cut out for a second several time while watching. It’s frustrating as picture quality used to be so good. Any suggestions? At this rate I’m seriously thinking of switching to sky. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Poor HD picture quality

Hi Blod2,

Welcome to the community and thank you for your post. 

I'm sorry to hear about the issues you're having. 

Are you using a TiVo® or V6 box? 

^Martin

0 Kudos
Blod2
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

V6

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Alessandro Volta
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The wifi issue should have no effect on a V6 receiving TV programmes normally.
Have you tried changing the HDMI cable and trying a different HDMI port on the TV.
Also check that the coax cable connections are all tight at the box, at any inline splitters and the wall box - they may have been disturbed.
Also is the coax cable all ok - and not been damaged by pet rabbits or cats?

--------------------
Services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Blod2
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Tried swapping cables and ports before calling 2nd engineer. All connections sound amd no pets. Now getting secondary issue that occasionaly recorded programmes i can hear the music or backing sounds but not the voices. Then i can go back later and it will play ok its the same through tv or sound bar. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Blod2,

Sorry to hear about the poor HD picture quality you're experiencing.

I'm going to send you a Private Message asking for more details. Please reply back to it so I can check your account and network details.

Regards,

Lisa

0 Kudos