cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pluto tv app on V6 box

angiejones720
On our wavelength

Hi,

I've tried to watch the Pluto TV app on my V6 box. I get so far, then it freezes, then the box reboots itself. I've noticed other people are having a problem too! Hope you can help. 

Kind Regards,

Angie Jones

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @angiejones720

Thanks for joining me on PM. Just to update the thread, the engineer visit was booked in.

This can be tracked and also re-arranged if needed, in your online account

Let us know how it goes.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi angiejones720,

Thank you for your post. I'm very sorry to hear about the issue you're having with that app.

I have been able to locate your account and I am unable to see anything that could be affecting this. 

Can you confirm whether you box is connected via WiFi to Wired to the hub?

^Martin

Hi Martin_N,

Thanx for your reply. It's wired to the hub. I can open the app, then after a minute or so, it freezes then the box reboots itself. I tried it twice! 

Kind Regards,

Angie Jones

Hi Angie, 

Thanks for coming back to us to confirm how your box is connected. 

Do you have this issue with any other apps or is it just the Pluto app? Before the box reboots, do you get any error message on screen or do things just freeze then reboot? 

Once the box has rebooted, and you open the app again, do things then work or does the same sequence happen again?

Pop back and let us know. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi Kath_F,

Thanx for your reply. When I click on the app, it's very glitchy and I can't navigate it very well. Then the box freezes and reboots itself, but I don't get an error message, it just goes.

When I go back into the app when the box has rebooted, it does exactly the same thing. I don't have any problems with any other app.  

Kind Regards, 

Angie Jones

Hi @angiejones720

Thanks for coming back to us.

Okay so from a system check today, the input levels on one of the boxes are all out of spec, this needs a technician. I am not sure if it's the cause of the issue you're reporting but it needs fixing regardless. I'll send a PM to confirm some details now.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Hi @angiejones720

Thanks for joining me on PM. Just to update the thread, the engineer visit was booked in.

This can be tracked and also re-arranged if needed, in your online account

Let us know how it goes.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Hiya John, 

Thanx for getting back to me. That would be from the box downstairs, because that's the one that froze, then rebooted itself.

I haven't tried the one upstairs, but they're both linked via WiFi, I don't know whether that'll affect it or not! 

Kind Regards,

Angie Jones

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @angiejones720,

Please do let us know how it goes with the engineer visit.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hiya Hayley_S,

Thanx for getting back to me. The problem has now been resolved. I think there was something wrong with one of the cables. I can't remember what Mo said now! Thanx for your help! 

Kind Regards,

Angie Jones