cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Playback after pausing a programme is very poor and lumpy

Samsung79513
Tuning in

If I pause any programme when it is then restarted the picture is very jumpy an pixelated. Tried turning on and off with no improvement. Ideas please 

6 REPLIES 6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Do you find any problems with recorded programmes? If live TV is ok, it could be symptomatic of hard drive problems.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

The problem is only on live TV that is paused

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hard drive problems would affect recordings & paused/delayed programmes equally.

The other possibility is signal issues, which would affect live viewing on the affected channel(s) and the resultant recordings.

Are there any channel(s) - including HD/SD - that are particularly problematic?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

All channels when viewing live are ok no picture distortions -- the pause/playback issue occurs on all channels

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

That sounds like a hard drive issue if live TV is ok.

The hard drive is used for recordings and delayed/paused TV, may be worth setting a few test recordings incase "old" ones are ok but "new" ones become problematic.

Many thanks will do some different random recording as well as pause TV