cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planned recordings disappear

Rhodri25
Joining in

Hi all,

For some reason, some of the programmes that are scheduled in my planned recordings don’t record. For some of my wishlists, the programme will show up in my planned recordings and then a few days before the recording, it will just disappear. Then, when the programme has just aired, it will show up in my Recording Activity tab as ‘not available’. Does anyone know why this happens, please? I have plenty of room in my storage so not sure why it happens with some wishlists and not others - it can be really frustrating.

Thanks very much in advance for any help you can give me!

Rhodri

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Do you have any specific examples?

Past recordings that have "failed" will be listed in your Recording Hiccups folder, with the reason for failure.

IIRC "not available" can sometimes mean the programme was removed from the broadcast schedule and so the planned recording was dropped.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @Rhodri25!

We're sorry to hear of the issues with the recorded programmes

Are you able to provide some further background, with the points asked and raised in the post from @japitts?

Can you tell us if there are any recordings in the hiccups folder?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Thank you both! To be honest, I think that must be the problem. The majority of my programmes do record successfully if my wish lists pick them up, so I imagine if it's a film for instance, it just gets pulled from the schedule and that's why it doesn't come up as 'not available'. I hadn't noticed it happening before but that must be why I think!

Hi @Rhodri25,

Thank you for the update on this and apologies for our delayed response.

I'm glad to hear that we got to the bottom of what's going on here. Please do let us know if you need any further assistance.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!