cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixilation

Lulu163
Tuning in

I have pixilation on sky sports cricket and sky movies family. Both HD channels. 
I have rebooted the v6 and reset the router, changed cables, restarted and checked for local faults. 
I really can’t face sitting on the phone and going through the whole process again!

if virgin are monitoring this forum, maybe someone can ‘adjust’ my signal…I have stayed because of the wifi but even that’s not that great anymore! Please help! 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Pixellated pictures on live TV are often the sign of a signal fault. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so this will need VM to intervene. You're likely to need either an engineer visit or a replacement box, depending on what VM's remote diagnostics turn up. The 2 channels you've mentioned are also on the same broadcast frequency, so a fault affecting one channel here will likely affect them all.

If a reboot doesn't resolve this and anything need adjusting, it's a physical "boots on the ground" job not anything that can be done remotely. Also live TV doesn't use the internet, so resetting your router won't make any difference to this.

First check the automated faults line for any existing issues in your area that could be the cause: 0800 5610061. If nothing's reported, assume VM don't know about your fault and ideally you'll need to call them.

150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone - choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service". Alternatively you can wait on here for staff to respond, which may take a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Pixellated pictures on live TV are often the sign of a signal fault. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so this will need VM to intervene. You're likely to need either an engineer visit or a replacement box, depending on what VM's remote diagnostics turn up. The 2 channels you've mentioned are also on the same broadcast frequency, so a fault affecting one channel here will likely affect them all.

If a reboot doesn't resolve this and anything need adjusting, it's a physical "boots on the ground" job not anything that can be done remotely. Also live TV doesn't use the internet, so resetting your router won't make any difference to this.

First check the automated faults line for any existing issues in your area that could be the cause: 0800 5610061. If nothing's reported, assume VM don't know about your fault and ideally you'll need to call them.

150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone - choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service". Alternatively you can wait on here for staff to respond, which may take a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Lulu163,

Thank you for your post. I'm very sorry to hear about the issue you're having with your TV services. 

I have attempted to locate your account but have been unsuccessful. Have you been able to get this resolved?

If not please do let me know so we can look into this. 

^Martin

Hi,

The problem is still there. Certain channels pixilated and some show the code wo2.

I have two separate boxes (multi room) and the problem is on both, does this mean the fault must be the external cable feed? 
many thanks 😊 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

W02 is a classic "loss of signal" error, so it's all related.

@Lulu163 wrote:

I have two separate boxes (multi room) and the problem is on both, does this mean the fault must be the external cable feed? 
many thanks 😊 

It's quite possible... or you could be unlucky and have 2 faulty boxes.

Hi Lulu163, thanks for the message. I am sorry to hear that there is a error with your set top box and that it may be faulty. I will send you a private message so that this can be looked into further for you. Chris.