cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixilation and blocky pictures?

BarryClark
Tuning in

I have been having this problem for several weeks across several channels. Called VM and was told there was a fault in the area(though not listed on their page) that would be fixed by the 28th May. Still have the problem. I have recorded some channels showing the blocking and the same pixilation is on the recordings, so it is not the TV. I have rebooted several times and checked all the connections. How do I get help or do I have to dial 150 and go through that rigmarole without a solution again?. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Pixellated pictures on live TV are often the sign of a signal fault. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so this will need VM to intervene. You're likely to need either an engineer visit or a replacement box, depending on what VM's remote diagnostics turn up.

First check the automated faults line for any existing issues in your area that could be the cause: 0800 5610061. If nothing's reported, assume VM don't know about your fault and ideally you'll need to call them.

150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone - choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service". Alternatively you can wait on here for staff to respond, which may take a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

12 REPLIES 12

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Pixellated pictures on live TV are often the sign of a signal fault. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so this will need VM to intervene. You're likely to need either an engineer visit or a replacement box, depending on what VM's remote diagnostics turn up.

First check the automated faults line for any existing issues in your area that could be the cause: 0800 5610061. If nothing's reported, assume VM don't know about your fault and ideally you'll need to call them.

150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone - choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service". Alternatively you can wait on here for staff to respond, which may take a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

HI BarryClark, thanks for the message and welcome back to the forums. I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with the picture. I have looked into this and everything is showing as green, can you confirm that you are still having an issue with this? ^Chris. 

Yes I am very much having this and it is getting worse. As I said earlier, it is the incoming signal as the exact same blocking is visible on recordings.

Tried calling 150 but after 50 mins the call cut out with the message "Sorry there is a fault!" loosing patience?

Got a call just after posting this. The call had dropped.

Really helpful young guy, not only booked an engineer, but help with a better packed at reduced cost! Thanks.

Engineer came and suggested it might still be an area fault, it does come and go (though mostly present recently). Renewed a few connectors. 

Much happier today. If only the phone could be answered more quickly, with a promise to call back rather than hanging on as battery runs down on phone?

Thanks

Hi BarryClark,

I'm very sorry for the frustration in getting assistance with this. I'm glad to hear you were able to get some help with this though. 

^Martin

Hi Martin and others

Its started happening again on all channels even BBC. The pixilation is caused by the incoming signal as it stored when recording a program. Your engineer checked all the connections and said that the kind of pixilation is not caused by the TV or it would not have recorded exactly the problem. Could it be the Box as some programs are now unwatchable. It reminds me of the days when the aerial was in a poor position. Help please?

Hi @BarryClark,

Thank you for your post and welcome back to our community forums. We're here to help.

I am so sorry to hear that your TV service issues seem to have returned. So that we can take a closer look into what's going on for you, I'm going to send you a private message in a few moments. Please respond to this when you can.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @BarryClark,

Thank you for getting back to me via private message so that we can assist you further. As we discussed there, a technician visit has now been scheduled and booked for you.

I'm unable to confirm the date/time publicly, but you can check it and manage/reschedule if needed via your My Virgin Media online account.

Be sure to let us know how the visit goes.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!