cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixilated recordings and live tv

mswhite
On our wavelength

We have pixilated recordings and on live tv on various channels for a few days now, itv1 hd, e4, channel 5 hd, bbc1 hd. This is on both v6 boxes so clearly not a box issue.

Have rebooted, checked cables etc but no joy. Have been on the phone to Virgin for an hour so far and getting no where. They will not send out an engineer, they say just sit back and they will monitor it! So we can’t watch these channels until they have finished monitoring which has no time scale apparently.

Any idea what we can do next as the lady just will not book an engineer and says her manager has no power to book one either. Pulling our hair out with the repeated questions this morning!!

2 REPLIES 2

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Picture breakup on live TV is usually a signal fault - check for known area faults on the automated line 0800 5610061 first.

You might well find that calling back and speaking to someone else gets the correct outcome - a tech visit.

If not, post back here and forum staff can pick up instead.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

mswhite
On our wavelength

Thank you. After an hour and a half I finally have an engineer visit booked for next week! It was really hard work. All they wanted to do was to get us to reboot and fix it ourselves. Not impressed with Virgin Media this morning. I’m sure the engineer will fix it quickly next week.