cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixellation on V6 box

Chambers21
Tuning in

I am having a persistent problem with picture pixellation and so far Virgin engineers have not been able to solve it. To be fair they have changed every cable inside and outside the house including the cable running under the pavement to the box in the street but to no avail. I have changed the HDMI cable and even tried a different TV set but it is still happening. The only thing left is the V6 box itself but I do not know if they will replace this. Can anyone help?

32 REPLIES 32

UPDATE. After countless calls to customer support, visits by six hardworking and friendly technicians, the replacement of every internal and external cable (including the underground supply from the street cabinet to my house) and a new V6 box the pixellation problem seems to have been fixed. It happened after yet another call to the level two team who twiddled something at their end and voila - a perfect picture (touch wood). It has taken over three months but just goes to show that if you are willing to persevere you can have a successful outcome.

Hi Chambers21, 

Thanks for coming back and taking the time to update us. 

We're really glad that things are finally resolved for you. Fingers crossed things stay this way but if for any reason reason who have any other troubles, let us know. 

Take care,

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Chambers21
Tuning in

UPDATE on UPDATE: After three weeks of trouble-free viewing the pixellation problem is back. ANOTHER engineer has been booked but to be honest I think the only solution now is to switch to Sky. I cannot believe Virgin are unable to find a permanent fix for thid.

Thanks for coming back to us @Chambers21.

I'm really sorry to hear that the pixelation issues are back for you, I hope that the technician visit can finally stop this issue happening for good.

Please do let us know how the visit goes.

Regards,

Steven_L

Chambers21
Tuning in

After six months, numerous visits from Virgin technicians who have replaced all cables including a pull through from the street box and a new 360 box the problem of picture pixelation continues. I am now resigned to the fact this problem will never be solved so I will let my contract run down and then switch to Sky. Utterly frustrated and disappointed.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hard to comment further without knowing exact details of what's been done, and therefore what's left to try.

But there's no reason for a properly installed digital TV system (VM included) to have pixellation issues.

Wait around here a few days and the staff team should pick this up and hopefully have a deeper dig.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for your reply but to be honest it’s gone too far. The last technician who visited saw for himself the problem in real time and admitted he didn’t have a clue what was causing it. That’s when I gave up hope of it being fixed.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Chambers21 wrote:

The last technician who visited saw for himself the problem in real time and admitted he didn’t have a clue what was causing it.

This begs the question of how the fault was left. "I can't fix it so I'm off, thanks very much" strikes me as unacceptable on many levels.

I'd hope they'd have at least escalated the fault, I'm unsure off-hand what the process to involve senior techs is. In your previous thread from July, you were having another tech visit but never updated as to the outcome?

I've merged your latest post with your previous thread from July, so everything's in the same place.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

That is because the outcome is always the same. I have no complaints about any of the engineers who have visited and done their very best to fix the problem without success. On most occasions the pixelation disappears for a couple of days and then returns. The same happens when I unplug the 360 box and check all the cable connections. What has really worn me down is calling 150 and getting asked the same questions every time and told to do the same things every time despite saying at the outset that this is an ongoing issue. I have been with VM from day one (and before that NTL) and love the 360 box but at the moment I am watching tv via an Amazon Fire Stick with no pixelation. 

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good morning @Chambers21.

Thank you for coming back to us,  I have just run some further diagnostics from here. 

I am going to need to raise this with our Fault Management Resolution Team (FMRT).

Once they have received this information they will give you a call so we can look further into this. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M