cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixellation on V6 box

Chambers21
Tuning in

I am having a persistent problem with picture pixellation and so far Virgin engineers have not been able to solve it. To be fair they have changed every cable inside and outside the house including the cable running under the pavement to the box in the street but to no avail. I have changed the HDMI cable and even tried a different TV set but it is still happening. The only thing left is the V6 box itself but I do not know if they will replace this. Can anyone help?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Good afternoon @Chambers21

I am yet to hear anything further back. 

I have also asked the Area Field Manage for some further assistance. 

Kind regards,

Zak_M

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

32 REPLIES 32

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I'm quite surprised they've replaced external cables if there's a chance the box is faulty, but I presume they've checked the signal levels coming into your home.

In any case, you certainly need to report that your fault isn't resolved and - to an extent - let them worry about why not.

The only complication might be whether your V6 is full of recordings that you'd rather not lose.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for your response. Not too worried about losing recordings; just want the pixellation to stop.

Sasha_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Chambers21,

Welcome to the forum page and thanks for posting this on here. 

Sorry to hear you're having some issues but we can certainly look into this for you. 

From looking at your account via your forum information, I can see that you do already have a technician booked. 

Can I just confirm, do you still need our help today or are you all okay? 

More tan happy to help if so but please do let me know.

Thanks 

Sasha - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Sorry to report that engineer called yesterday and replaced 360 box but the problem persists. Have reported this to the engineer but not sure what to do now.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Probably means either you've been unlucky with the replacement, or there's another fault somewhere else. Cabling or connectors somewhere, possibly.

Either call in or wait for the forum staff to respond and follow up.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Engineer has got back in touch and is arranging a return visit. Excellent response.

Have now spoken to a couple of neighbours in our terraced street, both of whom have Virgin and both are experiencing pixellation. I fear the outcome of all this may be a switch to Sky but this would be a last resort.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

And have all of those neighbours reported their fault?

If not, they need to. It may be individual faults, or there may be something collective.

VM can only fix problems that they know about.

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Chambers21

Thank you for updating us, I am so sorry to hear that the pixellation is still occuring after your 360 Box was swapped.

Thanks for letting us know that the engineer is arranging a return visit, please do keep us informed on how things go once the engineer has been back.

Thank you for your patience, I understand how frustrating this must be!

Best wishes,

Serena