cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixelation

Darrenw1967
Dialled in

I have had pixelation for many weeks and was cancelling last week, cancellations convinced me it was due to having a really old original TiVo box and let us send you a shiny new v6 box and all your issues will be sorted.

well box arrived and installed and the issues are still as bad.

tried dealing with the online people only to be told the system will not let them do anything

what a total waste of time, I have been a customer over 25 years but not for much longer with the poor customer service, all I want is a watchable tv service and for the money it costs you would hope we would at least get that.

and before all the comments get made

yes I have rebooted, yes I have checked all the connections and I know it is a signal fault as I had the same issue 4 years ago when an engineer came out and said the gain on the signal is very low, he went out to the box and it went away.

my issue is the point blank refusal of the online people to book an engineer to come and view or hopefully sort as they system will not them book an engineer, how does that work?

can someone get me an engineer out to sort this?

18 REPLIES 18

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It's entirely possible that your installation could have multiple faults, or even that your box wasn't faulty and the problems lie elsewhere in your cabling somewhere.

You've made a couple of references to "the online people", can you clarify what you mean by that? I'm only asking because VM don't have any online fault reporting - the only means of reporting faults are either by calling (150 or 0345 4541111) or waiting on here for staff to respond.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

The online people are the ones who respond to the chat feature on the vm website and they do fault finding on there 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Either wait on here (maybe a couple of days) or call in tomorrow morning, if you want to seriously progress this.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Hi @Darrenw1967,

Welcome back to our community forums.

We apologise for this ongoing issue with your TV pixilation. We can only imagine the frustration this ongoing issue this may have caused and we want to do our best to help. 

I have have been able to access your account using forum details. I can see there has been an ongoing utilisation outage since March that may have affected all of your services.

We are planning to undertake some upgrades to support the increased demand for our services in your area. When completed, any slow broadband speeds and buffering you may be experiencing (particularly at peak times) will be resolved.

The current estimated fix time is 26 JUL 2021 13:00.

Please let us know if this issue persists after the given time and if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Utilisation faults should only affect OnDemand & streaming services.

@Darrenw1967  - can you please confirm this problem is on live TV services?

Nope, it is on all channels in the 200’s range I.e. history etc and some, but not all of the movie channels, but I cannot get an engineer out until the above fault is fixed “just in case that is the problem”

another week at least having to watch tv like this image 6F2E9DF1-4CD9-4C32-BB58-4CFB638EA950.jpeg

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Thanks for confirming. That it's affecting live TV and not OnDemand services is the important bit here, I've informally mentioned this thread "behind the scenes" as I'm not convinced this is being caused by utilisation.

Just as a very quick test - your screenshot is of Discovery History. Try Dave Ja Vu & ITV2+1 which are in all packages and are carried on the same frequency.

Yes I have pixelation on both those channels but not as bad on Dave Ja Vu, only a couple of inches at the bottom of the screen, itv2 +1 as bad as history i.e pretty much the whole screen

Zak_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for coming back to me. 

Unfortunately, we wouldn't be able to book an engineer visit whilst there is an open outage currently present. 

We are sorry for the inconvenience that this has caused.

Kind regards,

Zak_M