cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixelation with V6 box

Lester61
Tuning in

Hi, not sure if this has been raised before but I seem to get a lot of pixelation with Channel 5 HD, other channels are fine. 
Does anyone else have a similar problem.

Thanks….

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Pixellated pictures on live TV are often the sign of a signal fault. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so this will need VM to intervene. You're likely to need either an engineer visit, depending on what VM's remote diagnostics turn up.

It won't affect the advice, but to prove a signal fault, check BBC Parliament HD, S4C-HD, QVC & Sky History2-HD - I would expect these to be similarly affected.

First check the automated faults line for any existing issues in your area that could be the cause: 0800 5610061. If nothing's reported, assume VM don't know about your fault and ideally you'll need to call them.

150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone - choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service". Alternatively you can wait on here for staff to respond, which may take a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Lester61, thanks for reaching out to us on the forums.

I'm sorry to hear about the issues with Channel 5 in HD. 😞
May I ask if this is the only channel with this issue? What about Channel 5 in SD? Any issues there.
Please can you take out all cables and place them back in and let us know how it goes.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

As far as I can tell, it only happens with 5 HD and then only intermittently. Not a big issue, I was just curious to know if there was a particular problem with 5 HD on the Virgin network.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Lester61 wrote:

I was just curious to know if there was a particular problem with 5 HD on the Virgin network.

If the national C5-HD feed was problematic, this board would be absolutely swamped with complaints.

The vast majority of pixellation issues are local single-customer faults. Check the channels I mentioned in post#2 above, see if they're also affected.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks