cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixelation on ch5 hd and film4 hd

jrm01
On our wavelength

Hi

I have a v6 box and an old TiVo box in another room. Both of these suffer from heavy pixelation on ch5 hd and film4 hd.

appears to be interference with wifi as pixelation lessens when I unplug Wi-Fi but comes straight back when plugged in again.

I also notice a few posts on ch5 hd pixelation but no answer.

anyone got a solution?

thanks

2 REPLIES 2

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The standard advice with all pixellation queries applies here, with some subtle changes for your situation....

Pixellated pictures on live TV are often the sign of a signal fault. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so this will need VM to intervene. You're likely to need either an engineer visit or a replacement box, depending on what VM's remote diagnostics turn up.

First check the automated faults line for any existing issues in your area that could be the cause: 0800 5610061. If nothing's reported, assume VM don't know about your fault and ideally you'll need to call them.

In your case, the TiVo doesn't have WiFi so that shouldn't have anything to do with it. But if only one box is affected, then you've likely ruled out an external fault.

Please try swapping your TiVo & V6 boxes between rooms, and see if the problem follows the box or remains with the internal cabling.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

jrm01
On our wavelength

Thanks for the advice

Will have a go at this over the weekend 😀