cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixelation on apps and recordings

Lovelyday57
Joining in

Hi in the last week have had pixelation issues on recorded programmes and IPlayer and All4  (V6 box) . No drop off in internet service. Have reset box and checked connections to no effect. Some programmes unwatchable and unintelligible  Haven’t checked full range of channels (have better things to do) but suspect a signal issue given that Internet is fine. Help. 

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There's something not quite right here..

Pixellation on live TV is often caused by a signal issue, but you've also referenced OnDemand & streaming services, which don't use the TV feed but instead use the internet. Is your live TV affected?

If you're having problems with picture breakup with internet-based programming, then something else is wrong.

Have you tried restarting your box via Home > Help & Settings > Clear or restart? If there's something wrong with the video output and/or image processing, that should cure it.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

First thing I tried was to restart the V6. I regularly watch streamed programmes via devices other than V6 box with no issue at all. The problem is specific to the Virgin box. No change to Wi-Fi set up either. No,issue with Sonos or IP conflicts either. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Ok, but I'm not clear whether your issue is with...

Live TV? Recorded programmes? OnDemand? Streaming apps such as iPlayer, YouTube, Netflix, Prime?

All these methods of watching TV are fed to your box and handled differently. Problems with each of them would suggest different causes. If you can explain what it is that you're having problems with, then the appropriate advice can be given.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks