cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixelation on all channels before and after national outage

PVS23
On our wavelength

I renewed and upgraded my package on Wednesday (1st December) to the new Ultimate/Volt. Since that date, all my live tv channels on both V6 boxes pixelate regularly. The rest of the upgrade went fine i.e. install of Hub4 (getting full speeds) and upgrade to Sky UHD on demand.

The national outage appears to have been resolved for me now i.e. at least I can access the live chanels and on demand again now after losing that yesterday but the pixelation issue is still there.

Engineer arrived this morning to look into the pixelation issue. Shrugged his shoulders, said he could find nothing wrong he could fix and that the pixelation issue is a know issue and related to the power outage. Just told me I have to wait until it is fixed. However, i am rather sceptical of what he said, when my service status does not say there is a known pixelation issue, either nationally or regionally.

Can a Virgin Forum member of staff please clarify the situation and inform me of how we proceed, please?

I am still within my 14 days right to cancel and sorely tempted to jump ship, after being a loyal Virgin customer for several years.

Thanks.

Peter

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

First off your package change will have zero to do with a signal issue that you may have, for which the standard advice applies.

Is there any reported area fault, check by calling 0800 5610061.

If nothing is reported, and your symptoms are persisting despite a reboot, then you have an underlying - separate - fault that will need VM to rectify.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

PVS23
On our wavelength

Thank you. There are no service issues in my area according to the hotline and I mentioned this to the engineer this morning. Unfortunately, he didn't seem too bothered in helping me and couldn't wait to get out of the door quick enough. I usually find Virgin engineers very helpful but not on this occasion.

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi PVS23, 

Thank you for updating your thread. 

I am so sorry to hear the engineer was rushing and did not give you the best service. How is your tv looking since the visit?

Zoie

PVS23
On our wavelength

Morning Zoie,

Everything seems to be working fine now, thank you. This engineer visit was an exception, as they are usuallly very helpful. However, to be fair to him, he was right that it was an area issue so couldn't do anything to help. I think there was a delay in the fault being discovered by the local network and it becoming a recognised fault with Virgin and that caused a few of us with this problem a bit of confusion. Denny on the customer retentions line was very helpful and even updated me via email after we spoke.

Thanks.

Peter

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @PVS23,

Thank you for coming back to us with this update! I'm glad to hear that your issue was resolved! Apologies that this area outage was not listed on our hotline or website sooner.

Glad to hear that all your services are working now. Please get back in touch with us if you experience any other issues or have any other queries. We're always here to help! 🙂

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs