cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixelation on BBC HD

Kathymay
Joining in

We rang VM on Monday to report this problem. We got an Agent who began to check our account status after we had rebooted several times and changed HDMI cable and tv port. The agent Louise in Manchester said her system had gone down and would ring back that day.  We did not get a phone call that day and today Tuesday are still waiting for a call back. The pixelating is still happening and we rang again today but waited 30 minutes for an Agent to answer but the line went totally quiet so we disconnected. How else can we contact VM. We have tried to do it online and it says it is checking Account Status and just does nothing.?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Calling back in, should be the quickest way of getting this reported. If you get any further issues, please post back - and we can flag the post up for VM staff to pick up sooner than they would otherwise.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Pixellated pictures on live TV are often the sign of a signal fault. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so this probably needs VM intervention. You're likely to need either an engineer visit or a replacement box, depending on what VM's remote diagnostics turn up. They can do these while you're on the phone to them.

You've mentioned "BBC HD", but there's several BBC HD channels. It won't alter the advice much, but it may help diagnose if you can be specific.

First check the automated faults line for any existing issues in your area that could be the cause: 0800 5610061. If nothing's reported, assume VM don't know about your fault and you'll ideally need to call them.

VM staff respond to posts on here, but it can take an extra day or so, therefore calling in is usually the quickest wahy.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Thank you for your reply. We have tried to contact by phone but have been unsuccessful but was promised a call back yesterday. That has not happened. The channels which are pixelating are BBC1 101,

BBC2 102 HD, BBC1 HD 108. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Another promised callback that you'll likely be waiting a rather long time for... I'd chase back if I were you.

Might also be worth checking ITV SD on 113. That's carried on the same broadcast TX as BBC1-HD & BBC2-HD - if you have a signal fault affecting one, it should affect all.

I am not holding my breath waiting for the call back.

We have checked ITV 113 SD and yes that is pixelating as well.

Thank you for your help. We will have to ring again.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Calling back in, should be the quickest way of getting this reported. If you get any further issues, please post back - and we can flag the post up for VM staff to pick up sooner than they would otherwise.

Thanks again

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Kathymay.

Sorry to hear about the issues you've had with pixellation - and the problems when getting in touch about it too.

I wasn't able to check on this using your forum details alone, but if you still need help please get back to me via PM so we can confirm a few details and we'll do all we can to help.

Tom 

Hi Tom, thanks for your comments but I am very pleased to say that our pixelation problem has been solved today by a VM engineer. Although we struggled to contact someone to report the problem to earlier in the week, we eventually got sorted.

Tom_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Glad to hear this is sorted for you now Kathymay, thanks for keeping us updated.

If we can help with anything else please don't hesitate to post again.

Tom