cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixelation issue channel E4HD

GiftedSpider
Joining in

Really bad pixelation on channel E4HD 145 with live TV and recordings unbearable to watch.  Any help would be great BT6 area 26, also reset equipment and checked connections. At £69 per month I want to be able to watch TV.

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Pixellated pictures on live TV are often the sign of a signal fault. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so this will need VM to intervene. You're likely to need either an engineer visit or a replacement box, depending on what VM's remote diagnostics turn up.

Picking a channel that is FTV and on all packages, check if you have the same problem with Freesports HD on 553. I think you will.

First check the automated faults line for any existing issues in your area that could be the cause: 0800 5610061. If nothing's reported, assume VM don't know about your fault and ideally you'll need to call them. The area reference you've quoted is only for billing purposes and irrelevant for faults.

150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone - choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service". Alternatively you can wait on here for staff to respond, which may take a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Jodi_S
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi GiftedSpider,

A warm welcome and thanks for posting. Sorry to hear your currently experiencing issues with pixelating and freezing when watching live TV and your recordings.

We know how frustrating and disrupting this can be.

As our valued member @japitts has pointed out, this will require a technician, before we go ahead and book this, we will need to try some further diagnostics before doing so.

Are you able to try a different device like a DVD player or steaming device, is the picture quality bad on these devices?

Also have you been able to try an alternative HDMI cable at all.

Please try the above first. if nothing changes, please come back to us and we can assist you further.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Hi Jodi

It seems to be gone the picture is OK at the minute 😁, it's a strange one as it was unwatchable the other day but thanks for your help👍🏻

Mark

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @GiftedSpider, thanks for your reply and great to hear that things have improved for you.

Is this still the case, and is the picture still stable for you at the moment?
Please let me know if not and I'll do my best to support further!

Regards

Tom_W