cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixelation in Peterborough - F009490521 ticket has been raised

Al_Pboro
On our wavelength

I have found today a lot of pixelation on live TV and current recordings mostly on pretty much all HD channels,.This is not present on apps such as iPlayer and Prime video or on on demand shows. I've rebooted and checked tightness of connections. I have 3 V6 and 1 TIVO box and all are behaving similarly. Is it coincidence that this has developed since yesterday's outage. Old recordings from days go look fine. Virgin service status shows all is now fixed apart from a couple of minor faults.

[MOD EDIT: Subject title changed for clarity and threads merged into one. Ticket also raised for issue under F009490521 ]

31 REPLIES 31

Timbo78
Dialled in
I've been having the same problem on all channels since Wednesday. They're sending an engineer out on Monday but I'm convinced it's a system problem, not a cabling or box issue. Guess I'll find out on Monday. Peterborough area.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

My standard answer to all pixellation queries applies here. OnDemand & streaming services use the internet and so aren't affected by signal problems in the same way.

Pixellated pictures on live TV are often the sign of a signal fault. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so this will need VM to intervene. You're likely to need either an engineer visit or a replacement box, depending on what VM's remote diagnostics turn up.

First check the automated faults line for any existing issues in your area that could be the cause: 0800 5610061. If nothing's reported, assume VM don't know about your fault and ideally you'll need to call them.

150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone - choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service". Alternatively you can wait on here for staff to respond, which may take a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

PVS23
On our wavelength

Hi

Given your user name, do you mind me asking if you are in the Peterborough area by any chance like I am?

Had an engineer round for exactly the same issue this morning (PE2). He told me it was a recent, known issue in the area and was even affecting the V6 box in the room where the local engineers had their meeting this morning before starting house calls! He couldn't find any fault in the house or with the local cabinet and just said I would have to wait until it was fixed. 

However, the online service status and service hotline both say there are no issues, as did the person I spoke to at Virgin after the engineer left my house. I now have another engineer booked for Monday but not holding my breath and don;lt really know who to believe.

I have raised a separate thread about my issue too.

Exactly the same for me, I'm in the Peterborough area as well.

Two V6 boxes, both with picture break up.

Think I'll give it a day or two going by what pvs23 has said.

Live tbb graph
My Broadband Ping - VM

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Localised faults should be listed on the 0800 5610061 status line I mentioned above.

I would expect far more posts on here if there was a wide area fault.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

PVS23
On our wavelength

I would normally agree with you but the national outage may have delayed this issue being spotted and raised.

Al_Pboro
On our wavelength

thanks pvs23 yes I'm in Peterborough. Since posting I've phoned and got an engineer coming Tuesday. I asked if there might be a general fault in the area or a hangover from the outage and they were certain that was not the case so let's see what they come up with on Tuesday. Maybe you could post an update about your Monday appointment if you wouldn't mind.

Al_Pboro
On our wavelength

Hi PVS23 

Don't worry if you don't wish to share but I'm PE2 8QH just interested whether you might be getting signal from same street box

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@PVS23 wrote:

I would normally agree with you but the national outage may have delayed this issue being spotted and raised.

Fair to say that local faults won't be raised while there's a higher order failure.

Once that's cleared though, individual customers do need to report their faults in-case auto-monitoring misses things.