cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixelation/breakup on live TV and recordings

cass
On our wavelength

Started three or four days ago. Programmes are borderline unwatchable because of it. No problems with BBC iPlayer and other non-VM apps, so not a problem with my WiFi.

Could someone from the support team contact me to investigate please.

7 REPLIES 7

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Pixellated pictures on live TV are often the sign of a signal fault. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so this will need VM to intervene. You're likely to need either an engineer visit or a replacement box, depending on what VM's remote diagnostics turn up.

OnDemand & streaming services use the internet and wouldn't be affected by signal faults in the same way.

First check the automated faults line for any existing issues in your area that could be the cause: 0800 5610061. If nothing's reported, assume VM don't know about your fault and ideally you'll need to call them.

150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone - choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service". Alternatively you can wait on here for staff to respond, which may take a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

cass
On our wavelength

Just to confirm that I have rebooted the V6 box, which made no difference.

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi cass,

Thanks for your post, and welcome back to our Community Forums.

I'm sorry to hear you're having problems with the picture on your TV. I've had a look on our side, and it does appear that some levels are out of specification, and your box is showing some errors.

I'm going to send you a private message so we can look into getting this resolved. Please look out for it in the top-right, purple envelope.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

cass
On our wavelength

Having been ok for a few weeks, this pixelation problem has returned. 

Would someone be able to check my V6 box again please, to see if there are any problems?

Thank you.

Hi cass,

Thanks for posting and sorry to hear you're having some trouble with the picture. I've had a look at things from our side, I need to check what resolution your V6 box is broadcasting at:

If you could press the 'home' button on the remote for me please
Next go to 'Help and Settings'
Then 'Settings'

Select 'Video Output'
And let me know the number next to Video Output Format.

Alex_Rm

cass
On our wavelength

The video output format is 2160p.

However, as happened previously, the problem has now disappeared and the picture is okay.

I'm glad to hear the picture is looking better @cass please do monitor this and let us know if this returns.

Thank you