cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixelating in the Newark on Trent area

Julieann64
Joining in

We are having bad pixelation on out TV only on Virgin channels we have reported this on many occasions and they have apparently fixed this , we have asked for a new box as ours is a few years old   but to no avail   is anyone else having these problems 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Pixellated pictures on live TV are often the sign of a signal fault. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so this will need VM to intervene. You're likely to need either an engineer visit or a replacement box, depending on what VM's remote diagnostics turn up.

First check the automated faults line for any existing issues in your area that could be the cause: 0800 5610061. If nothing's reported, assume VM don't know about your fault and ideally you'll need to call them.

150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone - choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service". Alternatively you can wait on here for staff to respond, which may take a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

14 REPLIES 14

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Pixellated pictures on live TV are often the sign of a signal fault. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so this will need VM to intervene. You're likely to need either an engineer visit or a replacement box, depending on what VM's remote diagnostics turn up.

First check the automated faults line for any existing issues in your area that could be the cause: 0800 5610061. If nothing's reported, assume VM don't know about your fault and ideally you'll need to call them.

150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone - choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service". Alternatively you can wait on here for staff to respond, which may take a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Julieann64
Joining in

Thank you for your answer ,we have done everything you have suggested but still not fixed but they keep taking our money , let's hope someone from VM reads this and hopefully gets our issue sorted as getting very annoying now my husband keeps trying to get in touch with VM  but it is impossible to talk to a member of VM staff but we will wait and  see what happens 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the Community Forums, Julieann64,

Sorry to hear that you have had picture pixelation issues. Has this been sorted since your post? You can also view any possible service issues here: https://virg.in/servicechecker

Do let us know if you need further help.

Cheers,

Corey C

• Hi no still having problems so no not been sorted starting to think about going elsewhere for broadband and TV not happy are all 

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

I'm very sorry to hear that @Julieann64, we'd hate to see you go.

Were you able to check the Service Status page for any known issues that could explain this? 

If not, please let us know and we'll happily look into things. 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

My husband has checked everything so many times and we keep being told it will be sorted  the pixelating is really bad tonight , how many times do we have to check before something is done   what is the point in paying for something that we can't watch not happy getting fed up of not being able to speak to someone we keep going through the website and found the checks to be told it will be sorted  well obviously it hasn't  back to watching a DVD again 😡😡

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Julieann64

Thanks for the reply!

What did the service status page advise?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

It said there is a problem with the signal in the area and that it will be sorted ,again this is not happening really getting fed up of this so called good service ,why not just replace the box we have been trying to sort this out for weeks now ,do we get a refund I doubt that will happen , not happy but it's coming up to renewing our contract at the minute that's not going to happen either on our part , bet someone will be ringing us then 😡😡

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Unfortunately - if there is an ongoing area fault, then VM's systems often prevent individual faults being raised until the "umbrella" issue is resolved, and that could be what's happening here. Only the staff will know, but it's a distinct possibility.

As for your comment about renewing your contract, unfortunately that's not how it works. You have an ongoing rolling contract that will just continue unless you do something. You might have a discount that expires at the end of your minimum term, but that's a separate issue. And under new industry regulations, you might well get a letter or email to advise "your discount is at an end" or something similar - but again, that's it.

If you do nothing, nothing will change.