cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixelating Sky News HD on multiple V6 boxes (Sheffield S12)

nickking
Dialled in

Started noticing this when I was watching the early coverage of Russia's invasion of Ukraine, it was mainly when they were looking at the map of Ukraine on the big screen.  As I've watched more of the news channels recently, I've also noticed this when the image is scrolling and it seems to be when they are using graphics rather than live scenes.

I've uploaded a video to YouTube, it's not the greatest example but noticed it twice within a minute of watching this morning, first example is around 25 seconds.  Sky News HD on Virgin Media V6 - YouTube

Not sure I've seen it on other channels, it seems to be just Sky News and I've seen this happen on the V6 in the front room and the V6 in the bedroom.

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Pixellation is usually a signal fault, but your video doesn't convince me.

You've not mentioned whether this is Sky News SD or HD, I'll presume HD. In which case, do you have any similar issues on...

BT Sport 2HD, Sky Nature HD, Sky Sports Golf HD, BBC2HD or GB News HD

All these are on the same broadcast mux and would be equally affected by a signal fault.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi, thanks for the reply, it's HD I put it in the subject but not the body by the looks.

Other than BT Sport I don't watch any of those other channels, I'll make a point to put try them out and see what happens and report back.

Thanks,

Nick.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Nick,

I've just been watching Sky News on my 360.

They were showing the same graphics, (and indicating which post the MP's held and that they had now left the cabinet) as in the video you linked to.

The sound echoed and  graphics trembled rather than pixelated for a few seconds.

I then switched to the freeview Sky News channe on my TV and it was exactly the same, so I would say it's a Sky issue with todays "sound echoing and  graphics trembling"

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali