cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixelated tv

Kellyhanby
Tuning in

Help  channels on both lounge and bedroom are pixelated I’ve tried all the unplug and check connections and nothing it’s been like this for a while getting annoying now 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If this problem has been going on "a while" - although that could mean days, weeks or months - and your box has been restarted, then it's extremely unlikely this can be solved remotely. Obviously check your co-ax connection is finger tight.

Login to your "my Virgin Media" online account, and check "my appointments" - tech visits should show in there.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Pixellated pictures on live TV are often the sign of a signal fault. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so this will need VM to intervene. You're likely to need either an engineer visit or a replacement box, depending on what VM's remote diagnostics turn up.

First check the automated faults line for any existing issues in your area that could be the cause: 0800 5610061. If nothing's reported, assume VM don't know about your fault and ideally you'll need to call them.

150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone - choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service". Alternatively you can wait on here for staff to respond, which may take a day or so.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Thank you I have just got off the phone as it was getting worse all sorted now fingers crossed 

Was told if still bad after 48 hours to call back but it’s started playing up again although I have just got a text to say an engineer is booked to come out so 👍

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

If this problem has been going on "a while" - although that could mean days, weeks or months - and your box has been restarted, then it's extremely unlikely this can be solved remotely. Obviously check your co-ax connection is finger tight.

Login to your "my Virgin Media" online account, and check "my appointments" - tech visits should show in there.