cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pixelated TV pictures w02 error

Rosco-p-tremain
Joining in

Morning,

I've been suffering with w02 error code as well as pixelated picture, I had a second signal booster installed before Christmas as the tech diagnosed  a low power level as the problem which worked till yesterday, now the same problem has occurred and my router downstream power level seem to be sitting low. Would this cause the problem as my other v6 seems to work fine. 

Screenshot_20220208-181945.jpg

22 REPLIES 22

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

W02 is a classic loss of signal error...

Pixellated pictures on live TV are often the sign of a signal fault. If you've rebooted your box once, then there's likely a fault somewhere, so this will need VM to intervene. You're likely to need either an engineer visit or a replacement box, depending on what VM's remote diagnostics turn up.

If you have multiple boxes and only one is affected, that tends to rule out an external fault. Try swapping your 2 boxes around and see if the problem moves (likely box fault) or stays (cabling issue).

Then you'll need to report it...150 from a VM phone, 0345 4541111 from any other phone - choose the options for "I have a fault with my TV service". Alternatively you can wait on here for staff

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Rosco-p-tremain, 

Thanks for your post and apologies to hear you're having issues with your V6 box. 

Checking our systems here, I can see that since posting, you have spoken to the team and they have arranged some actions off the back of an engineer visit. 

Hopefully things will be resolved shortly for you but if you need any further help, you know where we are. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Sorry for the slow reply.

Yeah the engineer came out and said that the signal is poor (downstream power levels really low) that's why I'm having issues with my TV (well now both my v6). He recommended a new cable needs to be pulled but due to the state of the ducting in the street where the green cabinet is located I have doubts if this can/will be done.

Whats really [REMOVED]  me off the most the only channel I can watch is sky news but customer service services are saying I have to keep paying full price till the fix is complete then they will refund an amount my services were down for that's if they complete the repull on the 1/3/2022.

But when I signed up 3 years ago ish a new cable was ment to be pulled but wasn't and then ground work was ment to happen but didn't and I was also told that a cable audit would happen to clear the dead cables and get a new cable pulled but nothing ever happened. Which mean if this cable doesn't get pulled I'll be left with no isp as  all providers in my area have a networking issue or really poor speeds.

Sorry for the rant 

[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate language removed, please review the Forum Guidelines]

Hi Rosco-p-tremain, 

Thanks again for coming back to us on this. 

I can understand how frustrating it is when something isn't quite right. 

When a cable repull is needed but services are working, they are low priority and can be postponed. If like in your circumstances, the repull is needed to provide a service then there is less likely a chance of it being cancelled. 

Depending on the work needed to complete the repull, it could end up being delayed if permits it further work is needing to be done but the team will of course keep you up to date on this. 

We can only apologise once again and please let us know how the repull goes next week. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

I've had the cable repull guys out this morning they said in there words "the ducting and pits are a shower of **bleep** and there is no way to fix or do a repull". They also said the the distance from the cabinet to my property is too far and needs another cabinet fitted on the corner of my road and the cable running to my property has a splitter feeding 4 other property.

Now i want to know what are virgin going to do about it as I'm paying full price and can't use my services as both tv are suffering from the signal loss and my Internet is getting frequent dropouts 

Hi @Rosco-p-tremain

Really sorry to hear this is still ongoing for you and the repull engineers that came out saying the work was not possible. I'll look to investigate this further with the area manager and get back to you with any updates about the repull works. 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley

Ive now received 2 text messages saying the external work is scheduled for the 5/3 and the 14/3. I've spoken to construction who seem confident that the work will be completed on the 5/3 so I'll wait and see 

No cable pull done on the 5/3 but have now received a text saying repull is booked for the 14/3 and 19/3. Can someone from virgin media please tell if this is ever going to happen and what day as I'm getting frustrated and stressed by all the messing around. 

Hi @Rosco-p-tremain

Thanks for the reply

My apologies for the inconvenience, if the text has come through stating that date they should be out on that day to perform the repull. 

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team