cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pin number for sky movies

tillyandmo
Dialled in

I have just added sky movies to my package, but when I go to watch a movie its asking for a pin number, i put in the pin watched the movie but then the next movie started (it was still on the same channel) but again it wanted my pin, I don't have the parental settings on and have not had problems with any other programs from the other channels. Is there a way this can be turned off.

Thanks.

6 REPLIES 6

dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Unfortunatly it's an OFCOM requirement

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@tillyandmo wrote:

I have just added sky movies to my package, but when I go to watch a movie its asking for a pin number, i put in the pin watched the movie but then the next movie started (it was still on the same channel) but again it wanted my pin, I don't have the parental settings on and have not had problems with any other programs from the other channels. Is there a way this can be turned off.

Thanks.

There is no way to remove the PIN. Use of it is mandatory.

https://www.ofcom.org.uk/consultations-and-statements/category-2/mandatory-daytime-protection 

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

tillyandmo
Dialled in

Thank you for your replys at least now I know.

Hi Tillyandmo, thank you for posting to bring this to our attention! 

Thank you to the community for offering advice and support. 

It is true to say that the PIN cannot be removed - can I just check it was not continuously interrupting the film asking for the PIN? It may ask for you to input this twice (once before and once after selecting the content) but it should not be more than this. 

Let us know if there is anything else we can help with! All the best. 

Molly

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Molly_T wrote:

It is true to say that the PIN cannot be removed - can I just check it was not continuously interrupting the film asking for the PIN? It may ask for you to input this twice (once before and once after selecting the content) but it should not be more than this. 

Although to clarify this slightly - if you're watching Sky Cinema live, then you will also get the PIN-prompt at the point each programme changes.

No, the only time it asks for the pin is when a new movie starts or if I change the movie channel.

Thank you for everyone's replys, there very much appreciated.