cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Picture keeps freezing on recordings

66charlie66
Joining in

Had issues with pictures freezing on recordings - been happening for a couple of months now - tried restarting etc. Sometimes it happens lots, another time only once per show....

Do you think we need a new box ?

10 REPLIES 10

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Do you have any problems with live TV channels at all? If not, then try watching one and pause the programme for a short time. If you resume viewing with a short delay, this is effectively a recording and uses your hard drive in the same way.

Does this have any problems?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for responding - no there is no problem when we pause live tv - just seems to be the recordings which freeze.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Pausing live TV is also - effectively - a recording, and uses your Hard drive in exactly the same way.

Are new recordings affected?

If not, there may have been a problem with the TV signal on the programmes you recorded.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

It happens with every recording at least once - do you think i need to try and ring or will a virgin team member eventually see this post ?

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

That depends how urgently you want this picked up. The staff team should get round to this in a couple of days, or calling will get you an immediate answer.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @99charlie66,

Welcome back, thanks for posting.

I am sorry for the issues with your TV box.

Can you please tell me how it is for you today?

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

It just seems to be when we are watching a recording - it freezes during the show at least once for a couple of minutes and is then ok again. Been happening for a while now. 

Thanks for coming back to us @66charlie66.

I have looked into your account and can see that there is an issue with your box that would need a technician visit to resolve and may need a box to be swapped.

I can arrange the appointment from here but would need to confirm a few details via a private message, that I will drop over in a moment.

Regards,

Steven_L

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @66charlie66 

If the box does need swapping out you will loose all of your recordings and series links.

Make a note of the series links so you can set them up again - it might be easier to take photo's of them rather than listing them all.

You might find some of your recordings are available on catch up or on demand.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali